With These Rings....We Thee Wed???

If we lived in the day of arranged marriages and bride prices, there are three little girls in Dover Foxcroft, Maine who I would claim for my own....er...I mean for my boys some day. They are adorable and delightful, they can hold their own with my three boys, and their parents would make for some rockin' in-laws!

Yesterday, they came to "Boy's World" and for about eight hours straight, they played together. They were inside and outside playing all sorts of trucks and guns and kitchen and farkle and animals and coloring and tea and sliding and chickens. All sweet, innocent fun.

All of this done with fairly minimal mishap!

....Well....except for the house! Ha!



And the Mama's.....well.....we sat and we talked and we wondered and we hoped and we dreamed and we encouraged and we laughed and we shared our hearts and it was lovely.

We need to take breaks in life and do that more.

We need to take our walls down and throw away the facades and bare our hearts and be real.

Because, isn't that what life is all about?

Walking it together...doing our best...staying on our knees....and encouraging each other?

Inspiring and challenging and loving and praying for each other?

It's healing and strengthening and life giving....and I believe it blesses God.

It's good. So VERY good!

And in the sad words of my oldest: "When are we EVER going to see them again?" :0)

4 comments:

Kristi said...

i am soo happy you girls are getting together more -- good grief - an HOUR away?! You're so lucky -- I'd LOVE to be an hour away from you girlies...or 5 minutes, or next door, for that matter...its so nice to visit old friends you can be so real with...i have been experiencing this lately, too...its so nice and refreshing...love you.

Rachael said...

Two words: "WE DO." (In response to the title. You were formally asking, right?)
Thanks for the lovely,lovely day. Sorry about the mass carnage left behind. :o)

Jessica said...

I am so glad you were able to get together. That is something I really miss here. I have no friends (well I do but not really close friends like in Bible school). By the way, I was born in Dover-Foxcroft and my family (mom's side) still lives there.

Rachael said...

Oh, that is too funny, Jessica! I wonder if I know them? It IS a very small town after all!