A Week-end of Fullness!

We had a BUSY week-end, and the state of my house is proving that.
I have an Everest of a laundry pile, the dishes are exploding out my ears, and stuff is everywhere! But it was good. And worth it. And lovely.

First of all, we said good-bye to White Thunder.

Moment of silence please for our dear little lemon.
What a pain she was....

My MARMIE and my cousin came and spent a night with us this past week-end! It was LOVELY! Many stories read, games of Farkle played, and foodies consumed.

I made her her most favorite lemon scones with lemon curd, and we had a little tea party.


She is THE most rockin' Grammy. My boys love her. Jesse colored me a picture just last week, and then when he found out that Grammy was coming he said: "Sorry, Mommy, but this picture needs to be for Grammy." Hmn. I see where I rate.

And THEN! On Saturday, I hung out with the gerls!

No. Not these ones!
It was real LIVE ones!

Once in a blue moon, one of us (usually Jess) gets the brilliant idea to get together just us gerls and have a big ole breakfast and catch up fest. Usually the boys go off and do something together, as well. This year, the hubbies with girls went and ate at another one of our houses, and the hubbies with boys went ice fishing.

Sir Rancey Pants is still a little young to ice fish all morning, so he came with me. He was nice enough to nap through most of our visit, so it worked out well. The boys did a whole lot of this:

And they conquered a whole lot of these:

And us girls? Well, we conquered a whole lotta' this:

We were strong. And we were brave. And we decimated the foodies.

We also made good use of our time. Heaven knows, we only do this about once a year. SO. Here is just a brief overview of a few of the topics we covered:

Adoption, foster parenting, blended families, choice of schooling, discipline, love languages, how we handle disagreements, SuperBowl commercials, pregnancy, potty training, paint colors, Bible studies, food, teaching our kids about sex, coffee makers, youth group, divorce, death, and we all came to the conclusion that if all our husbands were to die, I would be the least capable of making it in this world! It's true. And I'm okay with that. I already told ya'll that I'd move to Africa anyway. Who needs to know what bills to pay over there?

We also took Great Grammy Booker out for her Christmas lunch (where Jesse made up his own word search and loudly told us all of the items he was "finding." It went a little something like this: "OKAY. Here's Satan. And there's God. And here's another Satan." I'm sure people thought we were some cultic family), some other cousins came through for a visit, and we also hung with some friends for a fun little Super Bowl party.

Full, full week-end. Whew! But, love tanks are full, great conversations were had, and it was lovely catching up with so many friends and family. And now I shall go attempt to conquer my house whilst the kidlets nap.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Amy can you imagine if we got together more often..if we can cover that many topics in a few house imagine what we could do with more time!!!! So glad you guys could all come over! Love ya.

Angie said...

sounds like fun!! although, I would have to disagree that you wouldn't make it, if something happened to your hubby. you are one of the most determined women I know! ;) and thanks for the pic of the food...now I'm really craving sweets!!! ;) xox

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I especially like your full listing of our topics of discussion. You know we gotta get all that talking out before the scrapping retreat, since we're gonna be FOCUSED that weekend!!! : )

Kristi said...

Wish "us" girls could get together one of these days..and...I want that recipe for those lemon scones -- they look awesome!!! I think I've come to rely too much on your blog for keeping up to date on your life...let's chat soon, 'k? Love you, old friend. I miss your mom, too...glad you had a lovely weekend, Ame!