Happy President's Day!

Well. As we all know, Monday was President's Day. And in the spirit of being a true rockin' homeschooling mom, I capitalized on the opportunity to teach my students some amazing factoids and fantabulous information about this Holiday.

This is how it went down:

Mama: "Today is President's Day. HAPPY President's Day!"
Kaden & Jesse: "Oh."
Mama: "The name of our President is President Obama." (And I showed them a pic).
Kaden & Jesse: "Oh."
Daddy: "Who wants to go ice fishing?"

And that was pretty much it....



We brought our very own...er...ice shack....of sorts.
Guess which one is ours?
Hint: It's the very portable one that is also used for camping...

This is me - hypocritical Mainer that I am - holding my 25-pound-bundled-so-that-he-can't-even-move-child on my back - trying to have fun. I am wondering that if there was a girl child in our mix, I might possibly be at the movies right now or having coffee at a fun little (warm) coffee shop with her instead of freezing my buns off out here in God's country.

This is all three hoolies very intent on their own little hole with their own little pole. This is what Ransom said ALL morning long: "Whoa. Oh Wow."

This is our first big catch of the day. A wee little perchy.
Ransom: "Whoa. OH Wow."

This is Jesse.
Being Jesse.

Overall - it was a good time.
A pickerel that we're eating...and a pickerel that got away (amidst MANY tears).
Some perch caught and released.
Some coffee and hot chocolate drank....and spilled..(amidst more tears).
Some fresh air and family time.
And some REALLY long naps.....

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Haa! I love it! You actually did more in regards to Presidents Day than we did...oh, wait...does going to the town office and finding it was closed due to said holiday count? I believe I did use the term, "because of Presidents Day". I think you're pretty much awesome for going ice fishing...indeed I would have been at the movies. :-)