It's Friday...I'm in Love

Ever heard that song? There's a weird version and then there's a super cool acoustic version that a young girl with a funky voice sings. I like the funky version, and I love the song.

Anyway...I love Fridays. Rain (which it's doing in buckets today) or shine, I love them. They have a rhythm to them that is all their own. We wake up slowly. Lately, Kaden has been going to get Ransom when he wakes up and the three littles all play in the big boy's room and wait for Kevy and I to come downstairs. We come down in our p.j.'s, Kev puts on some fun music and makes coffee, and then he and I make some sort of fun breakfast together while the hoolies play and dance around us.

I love it. LOVE it.
We give Rancey some little tin cups and some Cheerios to eat and sort while he waits.

Seriously...those toes? De-licious.
And this:

Well - THIS is a picture of a loaf of bread gone WAY wrong. When I took it out of the pan, part of the crust stuck, thus putting a hole in the loaf, thus completely deflating it when all of the hot air escaped, thus making it look like this. Kevy drew a heart in the peanut butter. It's Valentines toast.

This:

is some mad decorating skillz by one of the hoolies.
This:

is what's on the agenda for family fun these next few days.
Gun Warz.
Usually, Ransom and I cuddle up together in Daddy's big comfy chair and laugh at the action, but today methinks we're going to join in. Grampy Quint is coming for the week-end, so we need to practice our hunting skills for when the REAL war takes place. Grampy is Mr. Stealth.

This:

is what happens when we play said gun game. Mom always used to yell at us kids when we played ball or got rowdy inside and she'd say: "Are you gonna' play ball in your house when you get your own place someday?!!!" My answer to that is: "Yes....AND darts....AND Nerf ball guns....AND soccer...AND rollerskating...AND wrestling... AND at times dogdgeball."

This:

is what a friend and I did when she came over for a visit with her little boy this week. We haven't gotten together with our kids for quite awhile because when we first moved home from PA my Jesse greeted her little boy with a couple a good thunks on his head as a get to know ya greeting. Started their friendship off real smooth like, and he traumatized her little guy for many a month.

Jesse has grown up a bit since then. His "gentle" is still very much like a bull in a china shop and the love that he gives is somewhat mactruck-ish, but he means well. It was with some fear and trepidation that we tried round two this week, but all went well. Phew...

And this:

is the extent of my sewing capabilites. I made a barley bag for Marmie to heat up in the microwave and put on her sore shoulders. It stays warm for a super long time, and it smells good too.

It also makes me feel productive and Martha Stewart-ish to sew something at night while we're watching American Idol and Survivor. The reality shows...they drag me into them. Can't help it. Love them.

Lastly...this:

is why I need to get off the computer and get my groove on. This week kind of plowed me over. I have company coming, work to do, a house to clean, laundry to conquer, baths to give, meals to make....you know the drill.

But, hey....it's Friday.
It's all good!

4 comments:

Shay said...

Keep it up with posts like this, and I WILL be camped out on your doorstep. ;) And we have the same Nerf gun, plus E got the GIANT one for Christmas. Good times!
I love the Cure, so not only do I know that song, but I've heard them do it twice in concert. :)

Rachael said...

I just love you, Amy...and your sweet little family, too. I love that you are okay with the boys being boys in the house. I think that's why God gave me girls. He knew it was far too much for me to handle. We'll stick with Build A Bears all over my living room floor...I can handle that. ;) Enjoy your fabulous Friday!

Kristi said...

hahaha -- i love Rachael's comment -- i think its great that you let your boys be boys, too -- its a tough balance...i always feel the need to 'defend' and explain what we 'let' Jonah do when other people are over, but...its MY house, right?! :) So much fun!! I love your heart-shaped toast, to be honest...and I love your barley bag for your mama -- i think i'll make one -- my sewing skills are LACKING, but -- straight lines, i can do!! Did you put anything else besides barley in it?!

Have a lovely weekend, girly.

rachael a said...

haha. . indeed. cheers to starting fresh . . and this time. . i'm ready for the bumps! soooooo olde news. :)
nerf guns anyone? :)

your pillow is super cute hun. can i put in a order? :)

hug.