The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

In no certain order.....

:: My little bro jumped in a river yesterday with all of his clothes on, had to get himself out and dried off, had to build a shelter, and had to sleep outside "in the elements" with no sleeping bag or tent. Haven't heard anything yet, so we're assuming NO news is GOOD news! I think tonight he might be allowed his sleeping bag...if he survived.

:: Sir Rancey Pants has decided to join the realm of us walkers! It's pretty cute and exciting. The very first time he took off, he actually took 17 little baby steps! Go big, Dude. Pretty much all day #2 he walked more than he crawled. And then pretty much all day yesterday, I think he forgot how to do it. So far this morning, he's walking on all fours like a monkey with his bum straight up in the air. Whatever works, I guess.

:: The laundry. It mocks me.

:: My Marmie and my cousin are coming down to spend the night with me at the end of the week. I'm super excited. She hasn't been to my neck of the woods for many moons. I like when she comes here. I get to have my turn to wait on HER!

:: We are supposed to get yet another snowstorm the day before she is supposed to come, so I'm not holding my breath. Yeesh. I'm tired of the snow.

:: Jesse just came up to me and gave me about 100 unsolicited kisses all over and told me that I am "cool." Man. I love that kid and all of his squishiness.

:: Kevin is the Mancala Master of the house. I love that game, but apparently I have no brain for strategy. It's impossible for me to think more than one move ahead. I'm not a big fan of losing.

:: Survivor is coming on soon, and there's a girl from Maine on. She used to play ball at UMAINE and she was also Miss Maine, so I hear. The last time someone was on Survivor from Maine it was "Lumberjack Jane" or whatever her name was. We'll see how this one does. I hear she's a Christian, although I don't know how committed.

:: My chickies asked if they could move inside with us until this cold spell breaks. I'm working on it.

:: I had a nice long talk with my Dad on the phone yesterday. I love conversations with Dad. We go all around Robin Hood's barn with our topics. Conversations range from - "Have I ever taught you how to make a fire in your hand? We should do that sometime, and you can get Kev to videotape you!" to him explaining how to make the proper pot of camp coffee, to wondering how many eggs I'm getting, to "How are the hooligans," to him recounting escapades of when a bunch of the guys from church were crossing the border to go to a Men of God rally this past weekend - and he just-for-fun jokingly told the customs offiers they had better check the trunk of the car AND what was in the driver's drink before letting them through! I guess some of the other guys were freaking out a little bit. Dad's sense of humor shows up at somewhat inappropriate times sometimes....I tell Kev I come by it honestly.

:: Plastic b.b.'s from toy guns travel safely through baby's digestive tracts out into their diapers. Just sayin'.

:: I hear the hairdryer going upstairs. Methinks I'd best go check it out.

4 comments:

Chantelle said...

You know those shiny glass pebbles they put in the bottom of vases and fish tanks? Those make it through the digestive tract to the diaper too. :)

Life With My Joys..... said...

As do MULTIPLE crayons. They make for poopy diapers all the colors of the rainbow!

Kristi said...

oh my word - you're hilarious. i love your stories -- you might want to think about writing a book - i'm quite certain it would make you big bucks!!

Rachael said...

Love it! Your dad traveling through the border reminded me of the time we were laughing hysterically trying to claim a box of cereal! :-) I love that you love your randomly insane life, Amy! And yes...we're fully geared up for a visit next week...here or there? Calk me...think you have my number, right?