Happy Hearts...

Well, we are home after an absolutely glorious one little night stolen away from the world.

On Saturday night, Kevy took me back. Back to the place that he took me for supper on the day that he proposed. And back to the place where we spent the very first night of our marriage.

And since then, twelve whole years later, well....I've taught him a thing or two. Now - thanks to me - Kevy dips his fries in sweet and sour sauce, and he always stirs milk into his ice cream to make a frosty whenever he eats it. Those are pretty big things, you know.

And he's taught me a couple of things, too. I now go to bed much earlier than I used too, I reeeeaaaaalllllly love coffee, and most days now start with really loud music. I'm okay with these arrangements.

We have ourselves a pretty good system worked out.
He builds me chicken coops when I get the urge.
And I scratch his back during movies.
He lets me take my shower first 'cause he knows I can't function without one.
And I make him 10:00 coffee break snacks on the days he works at home.
He knows I don't iron - so he buys wrinkle free.
I know he prefers one side of the bed - so I (not so) graciously, let him have it.
He has learned that when I say, "I'm not thinking anything" - I'm REALLY not.
And I have learned that his brain NEVER shuts off.
I've come to accept that his side of the closet will NEVER be organized.
And he has learned that he's stuck with my icicle feet in bed.
I have learned that he wakes up IN.STAN.TANEOUSLY.
And he has learned that I really don't do life before 7:00.
(So please direct all conversation elsewhere until then).
I have learned to be okay with him pushing the coffee maker out from the wall when he makes coffee every morning.
He has learned that as soon as I notice this, it immediately gets pushed back.

We read each other's thoughts.
We finish each other's sentences.
And we find each other hilarious even when no one else does.
It's a pretty good deal.

I heard it said in a movie once: "Most days have no impact in the course of a life. They begin and end with no special memories made in particular. It's all of the little somethings that add up to make the whole of one's life."

There's something to be said in that, I think. There's a bit of truth in that little quote. Most days ARE just the normal, mundane life that's lived out. Nothing overly spectacular to report - nothing amazingly special, per se. But, when you are living "life's mundane" through eyes that are choosing to really see the way that maybe God intends for us to see it --- never distaining the small things and viewing things through His eyes....well, that changes everything!

And when you're living it out with your most favorite person in the whole wide world - well, that's just a pretty rockin' bonus!

Happy Heart's Day, Kevy.
I love you more than you know.
Thank you for loving me well....

3 comments:

rachael a said...

l o v e
happy valentines sweet hearts

Rachael said...

Happy Valentine's, guys! I had to laugh at all the little idiosyncrasies...so very true for all of us! Glad you enjoyed your night if freedom. :-)

Life With My Joys..... said...

So blessed to be with you. I love you my best friend, Kev