Playdate

I have this friend named Rachael.
I think she's pretty rad.
My boys - they LOVE her daughters,
and when we leave, they're sad.

I've known her for some time now.
We met in Bible School.
And if our kids get married.
Well, that'd be pretty cool!

Yesterday, we went to play.
We hung out at their house ALL day!

Rach and I -
We talked nonstop.
My boys?
They didn't play no "cops."

No - dressing bears was the agenda
Kaden had a pink dressed panda!

Mini pizzas for lunch!
This made their eyes sparkle.
They all did a craft,
and we taught them FARKLE.

Outside for sliding
- a snowmobile ride!
And Rachael and I?
Well, we played inside.

Watching the window
to be sure no-one died.
Rachael and I
for hours shared our lives.

Of what God is teaching us
and how we are growing.
Life lessons learning
and gifts He's bestowing.

I was in her wedding
and she was in mine.
She and I -
we go WAY back in time.

We live pretty close
the drive but an hour.
"But we NEVER see them!"
Kade reminds me, (quite sour).

So Rachael and I
she and I made a pact.
We'll meet once a month
It's a promise - that's that!

To my home you will come
next time your faces we see.
Tell your girls - no more dolls
trucks and guns it will be!

Three small boys and three girls
what a rockin' cute lot
If I have my way
they will ALL tie the knot

with my little hoolies
how much fun that would be!
So some day my dear friend....
may my boys bow their knee.

to your precious girlies
all so sweet, cute, and rad.
And your hubby, your Shawn ---
Will he think that's bad?

Yes, my boys can be stinky
and have potty mouths, too!
They're loud and they're raucous
and oft they say, "Poo."

Not sure what to do there.
I guess "boys are boys."
But our day spent with YOUR loves...
that brought us SUCH joy!

So, thanks for your friendship
your food, fun, and love.
I thank God for you, dear friend.
A true gift from above.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh my gosh...a poem with me in it! I feel so stinkin famous! I love love LOVE it! Had such a great day....Tell Kaden we'll be seeing you all soon! (And then tell him the days, hours and minutes...better yet, just get the poor kid a countdown ticker!) oh, and FYI....no worries about your boys' potty talk...my gals can hold their own when it comes to potty mouthedness.

Kristi said...

wow, Ame...nice skills on the poem there, girly...and Rach -- you SHOULD feel famous...a poem about YOU on the world-wide-web!!! not everyone can say THAT!! :) I'm really happy you girlies had a nice visit...though i DO wish I could have come, too...maybe our next visit we'll arrange it! ;)

Angie said...

Awwww...great poem about a wonderful girl! (love you Rach!). Soooo wishing I could've joined in..with Kris! Will this EVER happen?? *fingers crossed!*