The Little Things

I'm going to make this short, because I just got the overwhelming urge to go and get Kaden up from "nap" - because I know he's not sleeping.....but his little bro's are.....and I'm needing some one on one time with my biggest Love.

I think we'll make my Biggest of All Love a pie.
Or maybe we'll play some Mancala.

(Well, looky here - he just came out and told that he reeeeaaalllly couldn't hold his pee any longer, and he needs to go {with the most hopeful of expressions and the sweetest of smiles on his little face}.)

He likes Mama time alone, too.
Lord knows he doesn't get it very often.

I am often reminded of a conversation that I had one time with a lady who I really love. She also raised three boys. I like to pump older women who've already lived my journey and who've already been down life's road a bit right full of questions. I want to know their good, their bad, and their ugly. I want to know what they did WELL. And I want to know what they would do over if they just had one more chance.

The thing she told me - which already haunts me, because I do it - is she said that she wished she'd spent more one on one time with each of them. They were fairly close in age, and they were all buddies anyway, so it was easy to just live life together in a group.

It was always "the boys."

She told me that if she could do it all over again, she would have spent more time learning and knowing each of them as individuals. She would have made more of an effort to make one of one time with each one of them.

So, that's what I need to do with my boy right now.
Just an hour. Just a snippet of our day.
But....uninterrupted. And fully present in his little life. Doing what He wants.

He just informed me he wants tea.
And he wants to go first in Mancala.
And he wants the pie to be pumpkin.
And he wants me OFF the computer......

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Aw, how sweet! You have an amazing little boy, Amy...and he has an amazing momma! Hope you enjoyed the one on one time!

Kristi said...

That's awesome, Ame...I'm sure its tricky finding that time...hope it was a special time, I'm sure it was...