While We Wait.....

While we wait for my blog makeover....seriously, it might take days - or weeks - or even months....we have 8 children between us, I'm amazingly technologically challenged and have a basement that's absolutely trashed, and Chantelle DOES have her own life and more important things to do than makeover my blog...

So. In the meantime....
I've written a New Year's Ditty....


"Happy New Year!" said she
amidst dust and debris
'cause her basement
was all torn asunder.


So much dirt! So much dust!
But - I won't cry, I won't cuss.
'cause what good would that do now,
I wonder?


What did YOU do for fun
till two thousand one-one?
Did you watch the ball drop
from the sky?


While the clock counted down
Kev jackhammered the ground
I picked rocks
and we watched the dirt fly!

Our night? We were CRAZY!
A "Jackhammer Date!"
My outfit?
The envy of many!


But...long before Midnight came
Where to find Kev and Ame?
Snoring loudly -
while drooling in beddy!

Yes, we crashed LONG before
that dumb ball hit the floor.
We could hardly stand up
on our feet.

I'm now ending my rhyme.
Hope your day was sublime.
Happy New Year to all!
I am BEAT!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Sa-weeeeet! Love your new look, Amy...facemasks are absolutely "in".

Shay said...

You nutty thing. :) Like the look so far, though I snickered at teaching your kids to love 'Jes'.
And I agree, facemasks are fabulous!