A List of Loves...

Enough seriousness for awhile. Heavens.

It's so easy to get caught up in the stresses and messes of life - in the interruptions and irritations. And it's far too easy to skim over all of the simple joys - the little things in life that are really what bring delight to the mundane, in the first place!

For me, anyway, often my days are about intentionally CHOOSING to see the beauty amidst the mess, the sacred amidst the chaos, and the joy in the middle of the mundane.

Perspective is everything. SO, to remind me of this tidbit of truth, here are just a few, simple things TODAY that I love and am thankful for....

Thankful Thursday's Ten Things I'm Thankful For!

:: My morning cup of coffee. Holy Hannah, it makes me happy. I go to bed the night before excited about this first cup of coffee in the morning. And this brand is my all time absolute fave. And it's only sold in January. I also love the man who makes my morning cup of coffee. (I love him MORE than my morning cup of coffee). Did you know that almost every single morning while I'm getting ready for the day, he makes all of us breakfast? He's a KEEP-ER......

:: Our books. Reading with the boys all snuggled up beside me on the couch is probably my most favorite way to bond with them. They love it. I love it. It's (almost the only time of day where the house is) quiet and peaceful, and I savor it.

:: Getting greeted with these first thing in the morning. You GO, Girls!

:: And speaking of my girls. I really do love them. They like me too.

:: The boy's hot chocolate dates on the deck after lunch. I'm quite sure that they're talking about the size and weight of the human heart. Ahem. (More likely burping the entire alphabet to each other amidst hearty congratulations).

:: Ransom's and Mama's tub dates while the large ones are outside. It's not too often that #3 gets Mama's 100% undivided attention.

:: The boy's fort in their bedroom....which is allowing me to type this blog post. They're inside in their undies with snacks and songs talking about their boy's club. I love their friendship. I love Kaden's patience with Jesse. And I love the way that Jesse can make Kaden laugh like no-one else.

:: My basement. It's finally cleaned and organized. It makes me REALLY happy to walk downstairs now. I will no longer call it the Basement of Death. I think that stressed Kev out a little bit.

:: My kitchen reminder.

:: This bum. Delicious.


So, what ten things are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

ange said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...great posts..as usual..

Hey ,,i have one of those coffee making , breakfast baking yummy husbands too~ aren't they grand?..

i love baby bums that stick up & out...

I especially love baby in the sink kinda baths..

My girls make the craziest tents with every single blanket they can find in the house..but of course they dont call it a tent..it's their 'Fairy nook'...where they don on wings , jewels & tutu's..

Long live the simple things~ it's what keeps me sane..
...that & coffee....
xo

KateO said...

Mmmm, I love my morning coffee too. ANd that's some serious coffee making set up you have there!
Thanks for the comment on my blog, I wish you were here or I was there too. Mom's of 3 boys must stick together!

Mike Lamson said...

could never match up to your top 10, Amy. We're about ready for another 'fix', I do know that much!!