Coffee Shop & The Talk

We haven't had a full-blown true family day for a few weeks now - with Christmas, New Year's, and all of the basement saga going on over here in the Booker household.

After yesterday's awesomeness of carrying a million 50lb. bags of rocks to cover the pipes in the ditch we made, and after lugging out bucket after bucket of jackhammered rocks and debris from the basement, we decided we've had enough basement fun for a few days. So, when we (barely) rolled ourselves out of bed this morning, we decided that we needed to give ourselves and the basement a break, and we declared a roadtrip date as a family like we so love to do!

A trip to Camden was in order.
More specifically, a trip to our most favorite coffee shop in the world.

Yes, we do indeed drive almost two hours just for coffee and lunch.
Not ashamed to admit it.

Pure, unadulterated, glorious bliss.

And the thai, peanut, chicken, stir fry plate of deliciousness.
I drool as I scarf.
Heaven, I tell you.

A side jaunt to Wal-Mart and then the long drive back.
One slept. One hollered. The other asked Ten MILLION times "How much farther"?
But, was it worth it?
A million times YES!!!

Anyway....about "The Talk."

Every so often, the topic of more babies arises between Kevy and I. Often initiated by me, I will admit, but about every few months we have a good old fashioned - "I know that we're at maximum capacity right now, but does this mean that we are at maximum capacity just for RIGHT now - or forever? Like, should we just embrace the chaos and go for another or wait until it's not so nuts-o....or are we just plain done?" kind of a talk.

It's a big deal to say you're done, you know. One that involves much discussion.

And funny enough - on the days that those conversations take place, we seem to have a day where we are "one of those families" to other people looking on. Meaning - today at the coffee shop, Ransom felt the urge to yell at amazing decible levels about a million times, Kaden and Jesse felt like wrestling throughout the entire meal - thus, teaching us the valuable lesson of separation while eating out, - Ransom was a bear at Wal-Mart, and the entire drive home was....rather loud....to put it gently.

So, our answer for today is yes indeed, we ARE at maximum capacity.
For tomorrow?
Well, I guess that still remains to be seen.

By the way - Mike & Judy - you guys are amazing. Thank you for the - although always crazy - very fun - family day date! It was good for our souls and for our bellies!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow! What a great day it looked like! Glad you guys could wash your hands of the basement for a day..."The Talk" made me smile! If there's one thing I'm learning, it's to take one day at a time without making any solid plan for the future! :-) If I get a vote, I say definitely one more Booker to add to the chaos!!!! Perhaps two or three more, even?! (I know....HORRORS!) I just love you guys....any chance you're up for a road trip this week? The boys wanna be pulled in sleds by snowmobiles??? Am I enticing you yet??? :-)

Shay said...

oh Amy, that's the hardest decision ever! I did feel like I 'knew' when I was pregnant with my 3rd that we were done. But there are times when I still find it a bit surreal that my baby-makin days are behind me, lol. And not that you're asking for opinions, but I think you should have a few more. ;) You make some beautiful babies.