More Stats on My Hooligan Brother

Aaron and I have a thirty year history. We go way back. He's one of my most favorite boys and one of the two reasons (the other being my OTHER hooligan brother) why I wanted to have all boys.

I've entitled this segment - "Getting to Know my Little Bro":

:: He used to have a wicked temper. As kids, having a four year advantage over him actually meant something. Now, he could probably throw me out a window with one hand, and I'm no lightweight. But, back in the day...whenever he started losing control of his faculties, I can remember countless times where I would just pin him down and sit on him until he stopped his flailings and his freak out sessions.

:: I can remember one Saturday night baked bean supper. Back then, he wasn't so much of a fan of the baked beans. Mom told him he had to clean his plate, Dad seconded that or discipline would ensue. So he finished his plate....and promptly puked it all back up ONTO his empty plate! The brother on my OTHER side, laughed so hard - he fell off of his stool and HIS plate of beans fell all over him on the floor! That was one of my most favorite meals....

:: I waitressed at a family restaurant up home the year before I got married. My nickname up home to a lot of people was "Amos." (Nevermind the fact that Amos is a boy's name. Whatever). Anyway, Aaron would take GREAT enjoyment in walking through the restaurant doors and yelling. loudly. my nickname......only he would change out the "m and the o" for an "n and a u." Put those four letters together and see what they spell. It was awesome.

:: As kids, BOTH of my brothers had interesting ideas of what they would classify as "fun." Our summertime play often involved all of us bundling up into our winter finest - thick jackets and vests. We'd all hop onto our little bikes and Clay and Aaron would empty their b.b. guns into our backs while we pedalled for our lives. Looking back, I can see that it was TOTALLY unfair that I didn't get a gun. They took complete advantage of me.

:: Our wintertime fun often involved the infamous "Killer Hill." We'd usually invite our cousins and neighbors in on this one. The boys would make a "jump" at the bottom of this (what seemed like at the time) cliff, so that we'd catch some air once we hit bottom. The only problem was the jump was made out of rocks - not nicely packed snow like most people with half a brain would use. It NEVER failed - one of us was usually hanging upside down out of a tree and bleeding before the "fun" was over.

:: I rarely see this boy cry. According to his wifey, he does...but the only time - other than when we were wee - that I saw him cry was on my wedding day. That was one of the highlights of the day for me! Him? Not so much.

:: When he comes to visit MY hooligans, he takes great joy in using vast amounts of potty talk around them and putting ALL of his bodily functions into overdrive. It's all good. Baby #1 for them is arriving this summer. And Aunty Amy? She's keeping a list....

:: I hope he gets a girl.
:: And I hope she's frilly and froofy.
:: And then Aunty Amy is going to work HER magic....
:: Payback will be DE.LICIOUS.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Haha! Is it terrible that I had to get pen and paper out to decipher the secret code for what your bro called you back in the day???? :-) those are awesome memories!