My Life These Past Few Days

It's blizzard-ing in these here parts, right now! So, while I'm sitting on my rump in my warm, cozy house...this is what the hooligans are doing:

Yes, Jesse is wearing my hat...but he's secure in his manhood.

THIS is where school took place this morning:
By the fire AND in their p.j.'s. Everyone else is having a snowday, so I figured we should chill out, too! And Yes, Kaden is doing a puzzle while I read to him. It's all good.

We had tea and popovers for lunch yesterday.
It was lovely.

If one were to pan the camera pic a wee bit larger, one would see how boys REALLY do tea parties.....If one were to pan it even farther, one would have seen about six more lego kits in the works at the far end of the table. Such decorum.

Jesse has become my interior decorator these past few days. I told him that it's lovely. Truly. Mama would never lie......



And in other news....

~ Just for funsies, I thought I would dry ALL of my favorite clothes that I wear just about EVERY day of my life with a nice little tube of Chapstick. The results were just awesome. Really - you should try it sometime.

~ Just last night, Kevy and I went on a gloriously, rockin' date at Luna's in downtown. Fabulous food and a very fun, funky atmosphere. I highly recommend it. When we went to bed, I promptly woofed all of my cookies. Not sure if the two were connected....but I would STILL highly recommend it....barfing not included.

~ At work the other night, I took a fan-flipping-tasticly amazing digger in the kitchen after one of the girls mopped the floor. She yelled out that it was wet, but I was out in the restaurant delivering a meal, so I missed the memo. Me and the ginormous trashcan became best friends when it caught me with my feet clear up in the air. That was fun. Hilarious, I will admit....but my body is STILL feeling that one. I am getting old.

~ And let's see - what else? Oh yes....the basement of joy. Still in slight chaos. But the end IS in sight....I can feel it.

~.....AND THIS:

....is Kaden asking to come in approximately 3.4 minutes after having gone outside...

~ Yup. Pretty much a normal week in the Booker abode. How's it going in your neck of the woods?

4 comments:

Chantelle said...

Looks like any given day at our house (if you sub the tea for milk). :)

Rachael said...

haha! Love it!

Kristi said...

I love that you can do school at home in your pj's by the fire...that is awesome.

And...I've never had a popover -- how do you make them? I only have muffin tins, would that work?

KateO said...

Scott has washed my chapstick numerous times: washed and dried...
I think it comes out in the next washing.