Lew

This is Lew.

Lew is my little 80 year old neighbor who lives across the street from me. I think the way that I first met him was when there were two boxer dogs running down the middle of our road. I walked over to his house and asked if they belonged to him.

This is how he greeted me: "Well, Helloooooo!"
Then, last Christmas, the boys and I made him cards and took him over a bunch of junkfood. Again. "Helllloooooooo!"

And ever since then, we've been the best of friends.
HE was the one responsible for my gangbusters garden!

In the wise words of Lew: "If you've got the space, you might as well stick 'er in the ground!" And that's how the 18 tomato plants came to be.

Except in the words of Lew regarding my choice of tomato plants: "Hee. Hee. HORRORS!!!"

Apparantly Lew doesn't like Romas.......

Lou watches my girls for me whenever I go away. I pay him in homemade goodies and invites over for suppers. He likes that. He also likes to come over whenever he hears or sees anything interesting going on. Here, he and Kev are asking each other if they eat their deer's hearts after they shoot them. That's what Kev's holding. Seriously. A lot of men eat their deer's heart after they shoot it. Lew and Kevy don't. I'm glad. I wonder if it's some sort of rite of passage in eating one's deer's heart. Hurl. Hurl. Maybe it's a guy thing. I'm glad Lew and Kevy don't do that guy thing. I don't think I'd be able to kiss Kevy for awhile after that.

Lew also likes to play the deer hunting game that the boy's got for Christmas.
He also likes to say the D-word when he misses the deer.

Lew is my inspiration in some pretty huge things as of late.
Some pretty radical (well, to some), out of the box thinking.

Well, Lew and the "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement" grad course that we took last summer AND an incredibly, life-changing, amazing book that Kev and I are reading right now. (Thank you, Caleb Way.....You DO still read my blog, don't you? You'd better....remember - I gave you a whole "shout out post" just for you....And when are you EVER coming to see us????)

But, really, for me......it all started with Lew.
To be continued...

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Bwahaa! Oh, Amy...that last picture is priceless! I think I'm in love with Lew, in fact...

Shay said...

He sounds like a great neighbor :)

Anonymous said...

what is the name of the book?

Rachel