The Winds of Change

Do you want to know how much this anal cleaning Mama is relaxing? Today is a perfect example. I really wanted to vac my kitchen and living room floors before the boys went down to nap. Upon mentioning this to Kaden, he asked if he could help - like he always does - and I suggested that he get out his lawn mower and pretend to vac along with me - like he always does.

Well, today, this suggestion didn't fly. This time he really wanted to help for real "because I'm four now." So, I got out the vac and proceeded to let him clean both floors all by himself. He was so proud of the work that he accomplished with Jesse dutifully carrying the cord and attachments along behind him wherever he went that I didn't have the heart to run through really quickly and touch up the places that he missed. So there you have it - my place is sufficiently cleaned!

And now we are off for a cookie break, because "cleaning is hard work!"

2 comments:

Esther said...

Amy,
You don't even want to see my floors. Just picture large clumps of black dog hair EVERYWHERE. Yup, I definitely need to vaccum. Ask Kaden if he wants to take a trip up to our house ; )

Anonymous said...

As my sister would say, 'good enough is perfect!'
:)
~Shannon
www.watchthesky.wordpress.com