Signs of Spring

I have made a decision.

From here on out, I, Amy-from-Maine, do solemnly swear to no longer gripe about this blasted...er, I mean...blessed not-so-spring-like weather that we have been "enjoying" these past few weeks. Today, the sun is shining, the snow is melting, it's supposed to reach 50 degrees over the week-end, and come what may -- I shall embrace this Spring and whatever it looks like from here on out. (***)

I fully, and wholeheartedly agree that I am a very hypocritical Mainer when it comes to the weather, so from here on out, I am turning over a new leaf. In honor of this glorious event, today Sir Rancey Pants and I took inventory of the signs of Spring that really and truly are all around us right now.

Here's the proof:

:: The girls are finding bear batches of lawn to scratch and nibble, and they are happy as can be with their new found freedom.

:: A new centerpeice has found its way to our table, courtesy of Grammy Quint.

:: This is the last picture of the girls (for this post, anyway) I promise. This is what they look like when I call for them. They come running. Which makes Ransom die laughing. Which makes me call them all day long. Which is why we get along so well. Did you know that "bird" is the only sign that this kid uses consistently? He and his Mama - we love our chicken birdies!

:: We discovered a little nesty nest over on the far side of our property. Super cute.

:: Out little ditch is rushing right along - perfect for when the hoolies get back. This is where we spend much of our time outside. As long as this little stream is running, there are critters to be caught, there is splashing to be had, and there are boats to be floated.

:: My little collection of nesty nests is making its way back upstairs again after being relegated to the basement for winter hibernation.

:: The wellies are all lined up and ready for my boysies...who I am really starting to miss, by the way. The quiet and the extra sleep, the cleaner home and the lighter loads of laundry have been lovely, mind you, but I guess I like my boys more. I choose them.

:: Ransom and I just happened to pick up this birdy order form, just in case, you never know what could happen, we just might possibly place ourselves a wee little order of something, one never knows, you never can tell really what just might happen......

:: We also mosied over to our local hardware just for a little look-see at the seed packets. We came home with a few.

:: And my wee little geranium - which I have somehow managed to keep alive for almost a year now - shocker, truly - is starting to bud! Woot!


Yep. No reason to complain over here. Spring is on its way, I just know it.
The snow is melting, the sun is shining, and I am blessed beyond measure.

(***) If we get another snowstorm before the month is over, however, I fully plan to completely take back the solemn promise that I just made.

1 comment:

rachael a said...

if we get another snowstorm . . i will cry.

my garlic experiment has worked and they indeed wintered over as cloves that i grew from baubles last spring. . and already. . despite the spring snowstorms. . have been growing new shoots that are already five inches tall! amazing.

hello GIRLS. they must be so happy and laying lots more eggs now.