And Then There Were Three

Three little boys, living life together.
All so very different in looks and personality.

Three who have swollen me, shaped me, and birthed me into love.

Three who frazzle me to no end.
Three who have shown me the deepest joy possible.
Three who fill my days with love and laughter...and chaos.
And three who cause me to depend on Christ like never before.

This is my life, and I embrace it.

I choose to live a life of joy, and some days are harder than others, I will admit.
But, till my last heaving breath, I will fight for this.
"I will take joy." - Habakkuk 3:18
Because, "No man can live without joy." - Thomas Aquinas

And because, "it's the joy of small that makes life large." - Ann Voskamp
And so I embrace the small.
I count the blessings.
I name each one.

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."
-Dawna Markova

2 comments:

Katie said...

HA, I loooooooove Jessie's wellies as he helps with cooking . . .

Also the photo of all three lined up and purposefully marching off somewhere.

And them.

And you.

xoxoxo

Rachael said...

Wellies on the kitchen counter? Is that sanitary? :o)
I love your posts, Amy. Truly uplifting...definitely medicine for my soul whenever I read!