And Then There Was One...

When we drove home from the County this past week-end, we left the two biggest hoolies up with Grampy and Grammy to spend a few extra nights. The week-end was crazy with shower details and all the extra family home, so Mom begged us to let the boys stay a few extra days so that she could give them some uninterrupted Grammy time.

I know. She totally rocks.

Anyway, this is new territory for all of us. The boys have stayed for some extended time with them before, but always because we've had to go away - never "just because." So, when we drove out of the yard, with only the littlest hoolie in tow - we told the big boys that we would play it by ear and take it day by day, and whenever they were ready for us to come and get them, we would.

Saturday is the limit, though. Methinks they might choose to live up there if they could. In fact, one morning Jesse told me: "Mama. How about we sell our house here and we can all go and live with Grampy and Grammy?" Hmn. I love them dearly, but I'm kind of attached to my only little space.

So, this week, it's just Ransom and us. We wondered if he would be sad at all - or at least wonder where his big bros are. But, he's as happy as a lark! I think he feels like it's always really been about him anyway, so now he really does have full reign of the place!

And it really has been kind of special for boy #3 to get some uninterrupted Mommy and Daddy time. Each morning, he and I put on our coats and go to say good morning to the girls.

We collect the eggs together.

We organized the big boys' room together, and Ransom was in Heaven playing with whatever he wanted!

And, he's basically been at my side doing whatever Mama is doing and "helping" in whatever way he can!

It's been fun.

I know my two biggest loves are having the time of their lives, so I am savoring this little guy as much as I can.

I am trying to balance conquering the world with this extra time that I have on my hands, with just stopping and "being" with this little guy - just because I can. I don't often get pockets of true alone - one-on-one time - with my little boys, and I want to use it wisely. I want to learn him and savor him and really give him Mommy undivided. This time is a gift, really. A gift that I can give to my youngest that he doesn't get very often.

Mommy - all to himself.

So, for just a couple more days there are books to be read in a lap all to himself, snuggles to be had in a bed all his own, and snacks to be shared with Mama only!

Meshing the big boys back into society might be rough on this little guy!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh, how fun for the big boys! Can you imagine the things grandpa is teaching them?! :-)
And how nice for you, Kev and Ransey-Pants. Shall I drop mine off so it doesn't get too quiet for you???!?!?!
Enjoy your week, friend. And when the boys come back we must play!

Kristi said...

Awww, that's so awesome, Ame -- I'm sure Jesse and Kaden are having the time of their lives!!! And nice that Ransom gets some one-on-one time...I'm afraid Jonah gets a little toooo much of that sometimes...but...its good. anwyays...I'd love to chat with ya soon. I love ya. Enjoy your week!

rachael a said...

if i could clone anyone. . it would be your mom :) ( and myself. )
:) .. and kurt. but your mom would be the first. . and she would be allllll mine. i love her.