Since I Last Posted.....

~ One of my chickies has disappeared. I'm pretty sure she's bit the dust, as there is no sign of her. Good thing I listed to my Dad when he told me to get more than three. The sad thing is, she was one of my best layers.

~ Kevy went to Pennsylvania to do a training with a team at Philadelphia Biblical University.

~ While he was there, he called home and said that one of my very dear friends is pregnant with baby #3.

~ I'm slightly shocked, because both she and her husband informed me under no uncertain terms would they have any more. They were "good with two!"

~ So now I miss this friend.

~ HOWEVER.....I drove for two hours ALL BY MYSELF yesterday, and I talked the entire time with one of my oldest childhood friends, and it was DIVINE. Love you, Kwisti.

~ We have yet to get our tree. It will be taken care of first thing Monday morning, I assure you. But, the house is decorated, and I have candles in every window.

~ I bet my life that about half of them will not make it through the Christmas season because of my wee little hooligans.

~ The boys' and my new favorite game when we're up at Grampy and Grammy's house is to tie the sled onto the back of the four-wheeler and go flying around the lawn in their two inches of snow. My goal is to see if I can whip them off. Their goal is to stay alive. It's delicious fun.

~ All three of my boys have snotty colds. Joy unspeakable.

~ Maybe it's because of all of the face washes in the snow.

~ I just wrapped most of my Christmas presents last night while watching Survivor. Two people quit. I'm pretty sure they're going to regret doing that. I know I would.

~ Whenever I go home, Dad and I have been going on lots of adventures cutting down little Christmas trees to put in buckets everywhere, birch trees to make into stars, and finding birds nests to add to both of our collections. It's how we bond. Tons of fun.

~ Then we go downstairs and work on our creations. The boys "work" too. So far, it's mostly involved Jesse hitting Kaden in the head with a hammer (by accident) and Kaden cutting his finger with a saw (by accident). All minors boo-boo's, but it did add to the excitement for awhile.

~ My oldest brother and I have begun a wonderful texting relationship. He's very witty. And he's NOT a phone talker. So, we'll randomly text each other back and forth about twenty times, and that's how WE bond.

~ My youngest brother is the best phone talker of all of us. I put a show in for the boys when he calls because I know we're going to be catching up.

~ He and his wifey are pregnant with bebe #1. OH happy day. This is going to be SO much fun!!!

~ This is my new favorite post. It's right where my heart is these days. I love this lady. It's called "Keeping up Appearances." I can't tell you how many times this is my goal above what is really important. It's humbling.

~ I'm working through some respect and character issues with my boys right now. That's humbling, too. It's not easy, and it's not fun. I'm so often too quick to just want to fix the attitude and not want to take the sweat and tears to fix the heart issue. I'm learning.

~ And just as quickly as I see things in their little lives that I want to "fix" to make them "better," the Lord so graciously puts His finger on issues and flaws in my life and points my finger back at me. He reminds me of MY imperfections and flaws, and He once again points me back to the cross and my constant need for Him to be able to do ANYTHING right - let alone the biggest job of all - PARENTING! He is gracious. He is loving. And I need to be the same with my Loves.

~ Again.....I'm learning. OH. SO. SLOWLY.......

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh, so happy for Aaron and his wife! Great news! And I hear ya about the being humbled as a parent thing...definitely had that kinda week here. Let me just be repetitious... We so need to get together.

Kristi said...

I LOVE your blog. I love you. I loved FINALLY talking to you yesterday. I miss you. You're a dear kindred spirit, for sure.

And Rachael - get your butt over to her house and visit her - you're making me mad, how close you guys live.....i'm jealous. that's all. there, I've said it.

Joking. Have a splendid weekend...i hope you RELAXED lastnight, did you?! :)

Anonymous said...

This post made me really miss you....

Rachel