Ransom's New Thang

Well, besides:

~ Saying "Mama," "Dada," "Kitty," "Hi!" and signing "More"
~ Pulling himself up to standing and creeping along things
~ Showing signs of a VERY strong will that matches the middle brother
~ A temper that trumps ALL of them
~ And a sense of humor and vocal capabilities that has all of us in stitches and makes Daddy & I shake our heads in wonder at the thoughts of the chaos that is very soon to abound in our home at an unbelievable decibel level.....

THIS

has become Ransom's new thing that he likes to do before falling asleep at every blessed nap and nighttime. A sort of naptime ritual, you could call it. It starts out with him being super excited about going to bed. He has always loved bedtime and has often played very contentedly in his crib for up to an hour before crashing asleep. He has a puppy that he has to hold for when he finally zonks, and then he has a various assortment of toys that we hear him talking to, playing with, and rearranging for several minutes before he goes down.

As of late, however, once he's done his playtime.....He's DONE. That's all she wrote. With amazing loudness each toy - one by one - is systematically dropped out of his crib onto our very echoey wood floors. It's fantastic.

I don't know. Maybe I'm getting softer in my old age. Maybe it's because he's baby #3. Whatever the reason, it doesn't phase me in the least. I actually find it kind of funny. He's not mad. He's not chucking them because he's grumpy. He's just done playing and he's ready to sprawl.

And, then when he wakes up, he pulls himself up to standing in his crib and he leans over and talks to them until we come and get him! And there is quite a conversation that takes place! I wonder if he's apologizing to them...

2 comments:

Kristi said...

hahaha - that's cute!! what a boy -- Jonah does the talking thing for a looooong time, too (I don't put toys in his bed...so I'm not exactly sure WHO he's talking to), but...I'm happy to have a kid who doesn't need to be 'rescued' immediately upon waking...or falling asleep for that matter...it seems to be lengthening as he gets older...2:30 - he JUST stopped talking, and he's been in bed OVER an hour, little rascal.

I love your blog!! Please don't ever stop! Unless you intend on phoning every week!! hahaha :) Love you, dear friend.

Rachael said...

Aww...so cute and funny! I have days like that where my bedroom floor looks similar. Sometimes ya just wanna go to bed!