In Other News......

Well, let's see. I completely embarassed myself on Facebook these past couple of days. I tried to tag my friends and family in our Christmas letter, and I somehow managed to not only tag some of them 20+ times but I completely missed many others! How did that HAPPEN???

And the kicker for me was that I thought this would save me boatloads of time. Not so much. On my first attempt (which felt like it took hours), I tagged EVERYONE on my list. But, I later realized that Facebook only lets you tag a certain number of people per note. Who knew? Obviously, not me. So, then I just tagged people in batches of twenty. I guess this was my mistake. Because then, not only were people getting tagged, they were also seeing it in their news feeds and in other's news feeds, to boot! Holy Heavens. That was embarassing!

Anyway....I'm over it.

The BIG news is what went down at my work Christmas party last night. For about two months now - just one shift a week - I've been working at a local restaurant right here in my area. My reasons are NOT to "just get out of the house," as most people think. I assure you - if I just needed a break, I would go and catch a movie with a friend - not run my tail off. But, I do love waitressing, AND it gets us some gas and groceries. More on that later.....

SO. We had this rockin' Christmas party last night that our boss gave for all three of his restaurants that he owns. He seriously threw down some mucho buckaroos for this thing! All employees were allowed to bring a guest, so Kevy and I got a really fun date out on the town. Except, I'm getting old, and supper didn't even start until 8:00. I had to drink MANY cups of coffee.....

Anyway - oh my word - I have a really big point, here. I just can't seem to get to it. SO - have you ever seen the game show "A Minute to Win It?" I've never seen it, but I've heard about it. ALL of the employees had to play the first game - "Hanky Panky." The top two from each store who were able to pull out their tissues - one by one - from their boxes first, went on to the next rounds. WELL - guess who killed it for the Hampden branch??? That's right. Just call me the Tissue Queen! OH - AND we each found a $50 hiding in our tissue box! Sa-weet!

So, then the six of us moved on with each game getting increasingly more difficult - AND embarassing, I might add. The prizes were nuts - a camcorder, a new camera, PS2, 4G IPOD, an IPAD touch, and a 50" 3-D flatscreen t.v. with 3-D glasses and tons of movies etc. etc.

Anyway - super long story short, I came in 4th place and won a Nikon Coolpix camera with a 16 gb memory card and case. Pretty sweet. I got the worst time on the game where you're blindfolded and you have to get a lampshade that's attached to a super long fishing pole to sit on your head for 3 seconds. I got mine swinging way behind me and COULD not for the life of me get that thing on my noggin. I knew going into it that I was not going to do so hot. I have NO hand eye coordination to begin with - being blindfolded added to that beauty. AND I have no depth perception whatsoever. This was NOT the game for me. It took me almost a minute and a half. Very bad.

I love that camera, but I hate to lose! I'm so competative. My consolation, though, is that the person with the 2nd worst time was my fellow co-worker, and I would have felt bad to see her disqualified. AND she went on to win the top prize and brought home the t.v. Pretty cool. Also, it probably wouldn't have sat well with people if the newest girl brought home the biggest win. My co-worker is a sweet little young single Mama who's had a pretty rough go at life, and she deserved this. So, that makes me feel good.

But I really REALLY do hate to lose. I had dreams about that dumb game all last night! Don't get me wrong - I had NO desire for that honkin' t.v. I just wanted the satisfaction of being the winner! Pathetic, I know. But, I play for blood in UNO. Just ask Kevy.....

All in all - a super fun night out with my man, and some pretty sweet prizes to come home with. A very merry Christmas party, indeed!

....And NEXT year, I won't be the newby anymore, so watch out!!!

3 comments:

Shay said...

You are hilarious! Yes,it did look like you threw up on my news feed, but I swear I didn't judge you for it and it just made me laugh. Such is life.
Nice job on winning the camera! I have a Coolpix as well and love it.

Kristi said...

That's awesome about the camera, Ame!!! Way to go!! I won 2 of my games at my staff party --- and I'm thinking of letting her know about the sweet sweet prizes at YOURS, just to see if she might up the anty for next year!! hahaha. Nothing like winning...i hear ya!!

Merry Christmas to you all!! Love you guys!

Rachael said...

Oh, that is just too funny, Amy! I can picture Kevin on the sidelines busting a gut at you! Hehe! Good times! In the boredom of last winter I hosted a Minute to Win it in our house...Lexy's the tissue queen in this house!
P.S. I never even thought for one minute you were snickety in your last comments back to me...you should know me better than that, girl! I heart you.