Eating Dust

Currently, as I am typing - this very moment - I am sitting amidst a plume of dust...

(See? It's true. hack. hack.)

...whilst "Husband and Friend" use an ear splitting jackhammer in our basement. Their mission that they have chosen to accept is to dig a one foot wide and one foot deep drainage system around the perimeter of the basement so that the NEXT time we get some heavy duty rain or some snow meltage, we will have no more flooding.

(GOOD times).

Plastic is up, towels and tape are around the doorways, and yet - once this whole thing is over - some major, MAJOR real early Spring cleaning is going to need to take place around here. EVERYTHING is covered in a thin film of dust.

And this is just Hour #1.

(Hmn. Fabulous. My home is cursing me).

The plus side in all of this - well, there are a few....
1. We had to organize the basement in order to do this. I LOVE to organize.
2. As a result, we threw away boatloads of junkaroo. We've only lived here for one year, but it's amazing the stuff that multiplies down there.
3. We also loaded up about 6 boxes of yardsale/transfer station worthy junkola, as well....so when the dust finally does settle, there's going to be some nice room down there.
4. AND we got pizza for lunch. That's always fun.

The down side in all of this, though, is...
1. The dust.
2. I HATE to dust.
3. This is why I do not own any knick knacky things.
4. I hate dusting almost as much as I hate ironing.
5. I think ironing is from the Devil.

But, the plus side in all of this.....
1. I'll have a really clean house in a few days, or weeks, or months. Not sure WHEN exactly.
2. I really don't mind cleaning.
3. And, it's time for all of the Christmasy stuff to come down, anyway, so I always go a little crazy when it's out with the old and in with the new.
4. So, this time, I'll just go REALLY crazy.

But, the down side in all of this, though, is.....
1. What if I wasn't feeling like going REALLY crazy this time?
2. I seem to remember that I wasn't planning to this year.
3. In fact, I'm quite sure that this wasn't to be the year for crazyness.
3. And the dust. Remember the dust?


It's mocking me........

6 comments:

Chantelle said...

you are so stinkin' cute. caffeine much today? ;)

p.s. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen are you gonna let me make your BLOG as cute as YOU? ;)

Chantelle said...

not to imply that you blog currently is NOT cute... just that its cuteness pales in comparison to YOURS.

:)

Life With My Joys..... said...

Needing MUCH more caffeine.

You should seriously see my house. We're literally in a haze. Horrors!

Maybe when we get together next, I'll let you dabble with my design. I'm so nervous. Not big on change, you know....

Shay said...

You're so entertaining, Amy. :)

Rachael said...

Bwahaha! Kev better hurry up with that work...he's depleting the Booker ozone!!! You needed some extra work to get you through the long part of winter anyway, right? :-)

Cheryl said...

Did you guys consider putting in a sump pump? I had a basement that flooded until I added eaves troughs and a sump pump. Then you only have to have a two foot diameter hole jack hammered into your basement. Of course it may be a little late for this suggestion. :-)