On Kaden's Bed.....

While I was rushing to get the boys ready for church this morning, I glanced up at Kaden's top bunk and was, for the millionth time, in shock and awe at the contents on top of his bed.

HO.LY. COW. MEthinks this child is a Hoarder.....

So - just for funsies I got out my trusty little notepad and pen, and took a little tally of the wealth of treasures that this child sleeps with every day and night.

Here we go:

No less than 19 stuffed animals
a gift bag
2 flashlights
itch cream
2 tins
2 tupperware
a plastic crate
and a little bag with his name on it - ALL of which are stuffed with junk
gun
squeak frog
caribiner
wind up bug
wrapping paper
office supply kit with scissors, tape, tape measure etc.
dot to dot game
multiple drawings under his pillow
raisins
toy car
pack of tissues
small calendar
locks and keys
couple of sticks
4 bags of various sizes hanging off one corner of his bed
6 ft. long snake hanging off the other corner
multiple kid magazines
silly putty
3 small plastic frogs
pair of socks
long sleeved shirt
pajama top
little cardboard doghouse
mini dog that wags his tail when petted
books
crayons
paper

And I am SURE I didn't dig to the depths......

To be fair - this is his only little spot in the entire bedroom that he shares with Jesse that is his alone. Jesse is not allowed on his bunk. But, seriously...Oh my word.

And he absolutely loves it!

When I told him all I had discovered and read him my list, he broke into a huge grin, shrugged his shoulders and simply said: "Hehheh. I didn't even know I had that much stuff up there. AWESOME!"

5 comments:

Rachael said...

That truly is awesome! He and Kaytlin may be a perfect match...she'd have all his little stuff so organized. He and Jilly, on the other hand just wouldn't do. They'd be hopeless horders together... :o)
P.S. Where does the poor child sleep? Nestled in the cardboard dog house that sits atop a couple of twigs that cover a bazillion animals with a tin of raisins (for midnight snacks), while applying his itch cream that is needed due to the various paper cuts incurred while rolling in his sleep...gosh, a boy could LIVE in that bed.
P.P.S. I'm slightly terrified that you let your child sleep with scissors AND a gun. Something sounds a bit awry with that.

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the time you shared the contents of your purse... I think your list was pretty similar : )

Kristi said...

hahahaha -- that's hilarious, Amy -- what a boy!!!! And, I agree with your friend - sounds like YOUR purse list -- I agree!! :)

Katie said...

I understand. It's HARD getting up and down of a bunkbed if you happen to forget something you might need during naptime/falling-asleep time. At least in my experience, I preferred to have stuff up there WITH me. :P

The itch cream made me giggle. Why??

Life With My Joys..... said...

Esther and Kristi - agreed. I have to say my purse contents did cross my mind while I was tallying up all of the things on Kaden's bed! The difference between us is that he revels in it - it makes ME crazy! Katie - the itch cream? He has really dry skin, so he's always scratching his belly and chest like a monkey. We just gave him his only little tube of stuff and let him apply at will! And Rachael- I was honestly a bit shocked at some of the things up there. Kev died laughing at your comment!