A Merry Booker Christmas

Well, the dust has settled, Ransom is down to nap, and the day is drawing to a close.

But, what a fun day we've had!

I always love our little family Christmases. They're simple. They're fun. There's no stress, no frills really, lots of fun food, and a whole lazy day of being in our p.j.'s together.

The boys woke up so super excited! They raced up the stairs to us and we all came down together ready to start the festivities. Daddy stoked the fire, we made a pot of coffee, we plugged in all of the lights, and then we snuggled on the couch and read the Christmas story all together.

We all opened our gifts from each other and just took our time savoring them. Then, Kev and I made our traditional big family breakfast.

Some highlights of our day......
Jesse's fave gift was a pair of kiddie roller skates. (NOT quite sure what we were thinking here.....this kid is a walking death trap, so we made him wear a helmet!!!) Of course, he wants NO help from anyone, so I counted about five wipeouts within the first couple of minutes, but he's happy as a lark....He's a stud.

He also got his very own set of legos. These are a HUGE hit in our home. They are played with DAILY. So, a box of his very own is pretty special.

We added yet another coffee ornament to our growing collection. Our tree really does show our amazing addiction to the stuff!

Kaden also got his own little lego set.

And the big gift that we got for Kaden that we knew he would be SO super excited about....hmmmm...wait a minute......

There. That's better! As I was saying, the big gift that we got for KADEN that we knew he would be SO super excited about....

was a hunting game that he ALWAYS plays when he goes to Cabela's. As you can see....it's a big hit with ALL of the boys! I'm really somewhat anti electronics - I like to see kids using their imaginations, being outside, playing like I used to do when I was little! And my boys do this. But, when we saw this game, we caved. So, today they have free reign - they get unlimited play. And then from here on out, it will be just like t.v. time and anything else. Balanced. I love that word. It might be my new favorite word. Plus, Kev says it's teaching them "life skills." A bit of a stretch mayhap....Anyway......

And then we got some Chinese for lunch! We really are ALL about the food......

And now we veg and we play.....still in our p.j.'s.....and I'm thinking Chinese leftovers is looking pretty good for a supper option!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

What? It's Christmas? I MISSED CHRISTMAS???? Golly, it just seems to come earlier and earlier each year. :o)
Just kidding...I don't think you ever did explain why you get to jump the gun on St. Nick. Or perhaps you did, and I missed it...I dunno.
Either way, it looks like you all enjoyed the day! Merry Early Christmas, Bookers!
P.S. Will you also be allowing this gun in particular to be doing over-nighters in Kaden's bunk? Just wondering...

Shay said...

Cozy & lovely :) And I too missed it if you ever explained why you were celebrating early, lol.