Tromping

ALL of my boys love a good ole tromp in the woods! And now that hunting season is upon us, the search for the perfect tree stand location has begun. So, yesterday - as soon as breakfast was over, we headed out for our little adventure.

Mama was hoping to be able to stay home with the baby, pull the girly card, and avoid all things itchy - but the tree stand is stinking long, so my help was needed. I used to like a good tromp in the woods, myself, until poison ivy decided to become my best friend and stalk me at every turn. But, I decided I was willing to take a hit for the team, so I covered every inch of my flesh with clothing, and we were off.

And there really is something about being in the woods with a whole passle of boys that is just really fun to watch. It's like they become little Davy Crockett's or Daniel Boone's (I don't really know what I'm talking about)......they just come ALIVE! Even Ransom loved it! He was bouncing around in my backpack like a kid in a candy shop sucking down every leaf and stick that he could get his hands on!

It was a good time.


No comments: