Birthday Love

We LOVE birthdays, around here! Some years are more elaborate than others, but whatever day we choose to celebrate, we FILL it up with showing the honoree how much they are loved. For the boys, it often involves camping for the week-end, and for Mommy and Daddy - it often involves a day trip of sorts, a meal out, a little gift or two from the boys (usually candy and treats that THEY love), and a nice card and gift or two from one of us to the other.

This week I turn 33! Whew! She's a spring chicken no more. It's all good. I'm very secure in my 30's. :0) We'll see what the 40's hold. You're as young as you feel, right? Anyway, this week is going to be a little crazy ministry and extended family wise, so we decided to take our family day yesterday and all day long, my sweet men showered me with love.

They made me pancakes and eggs for breakfast. The boys colored me an adorable silly card and gave me "MY" favorite candy - swedish fish, sour patch kids, and gum! I was a good share-er. :0)

Kevy wrote me a sweet card, gave me some cold, hard cash to spend however my heart desires, a sweet planner that I've been asking for to keep me organized for school this year, and a rocking c.d. of "songs that remind him of me." Very special and sweet. We did a little day trip, we went to lunch, and just had a really nice day all together. It was lovely.
My mostest favoritest birthday gift of ALL, however, was given to me just a few days before. Hands down, my love language is Acts of Service - beyond anything and everything else. Kev knows this. The poor soul - he knows it well. Whenever he asks what I want for birthdays, Christmas, etc...I know that deep in his heart he's hoping that it's something that money can buy! Usually, though, he gets something like: a window for my chicken coop? a fence beside the road? a new shelf? different colored shutters? rearrange the kids' room? organize the basement?
You get my drift. I would prefer things like this FAR above a dozen roses, new shoes, a new wardrobe, or whatever most girls usually ask for.

WELL!!!! This year.....be still my heart.....the love of my life gave me THE MOST rockin' birthday gift EVER!!! It was a family project that we worked on for about 15 hours......not the most favorite time of my life ever spent together, mind you......BUT......for my 33rd birthday, Kevy turned my fire engine red shutters - all 20 of them - into a much nicer, way more subdued, way less loud, simple, classic BLACK!

That man! He makes my heart all a flutter!!!

Pictures will soon follow. THEN - my next project - early Christmas gift, maybe? - will be to paint the doors a better shade of red. I'd better not push it for awhile, though.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your posts! And I am like you in the getting gifts department...only I prefer quality time! Don't buy me something...just hang out with me (a lot)!

Thanks for making me smile (and maybe cry a little)!

Love,

Debby B.