It's Time

Well....

Tomorrow is the big day. Right after showers, breakfast, and Sir Rancey Pants lays down for his 1st nap of the day, we will be diving into our very first day of homeschooling at "The Booker Fine Arts Academy." I'm just kidding - the name is a large joke. I can't quite imagine any fine arts of any sort taking place around here!

But, it IS the day that we are going to hit the floor running.

For the past few weeks, I have just been waiting for the perfect day to start...wondering if I should get a good head start before everyone else (well, that didn't happen); or if I should keep the schedule that the Christian school that I worked at has (well, I don't have the sweetest clue what they're even doing now that I'm out of the loop); or maybe I should wait until after Labor Day (because that just sounds good, doesn't it?); or I'll just wait until we're done having company for the summer and we find a regular routine (well - "regular" has never described a day of our lives...not sure why I'm thinking that will happen NOW).

So....I've just been sitting on my material and overanalyzing what would be the most perfect day to begin this whole crazy adventure.

By the way - I AM aware that I just wrote a ridiculously long run-on sentence. Don't worry about my teaching abilities just yet. Give me a couple of days.

Well anyway, today I just sort of spontaneously decided that tomorrow is going to be the day. No hoopla. No fanfare. We're just going to do it. So, while the entire house naps this afternoon, I am getting my wee little brain and supplies organized and prepared for Kaden's first day of Kindergarten!

For the here and now - I am SO much more excited about his first day of school starting out at my kitchen table rather than the rush and stampede out the door and half hour drive into town. I am excited to begin. I feel fairly confident that this was the right decision for us. And I'm hoping for great success, enjoyment, minimal frustration and tears from both sides, and my boy rising up and calling me blessed after the most amazing education he will be receiving at the hands of his rockin' Mommy.

Or --- I'll just be content with the minimal frustration and tears. I'd be cool with that, too.

We'll see if I still feel this chipper by Friday! We'll be keeping it real, I promise.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Two thumbs up! Thinking of you and Kaden tomorrow!! Educate him well so he can support one of my daughters and their nineteen children, okay? :o)

Life With My Joys..... said...

Oh the PRESSURE! I'll do my best. 19 kids, eh?!!! That's a lot of grandbabies!