Tromping - Take Two

Well, last night we decided to go on another little tromp adventure. You see, the first time there was a two-fold agenda: find a place to put up a deer stand AND find this super huge tree that Kev had discovered during last winter's hunting season. But, by the time the tree stand got set up - all three of the littles were beginning to enter meltdown mode. It was way past Ransom's naptime, Jesse kept tripping over every blessed thing in his path, and Kaden found some treasures that he wanted to take back to our yard to play with, so he was completely checked out of hike mode. Sooo, we assessed the situation and decided that we would do a tromp #2 on a later date.

Last evening was that date. And it went much more splendidly. Mostly because everyone found a little something that they were all pretty pleased with. Jesse was pumped to be able to fill his belly:

I was able to add another nest to my collection:

Kaden found a cute little tree frog.....that sadly dried up to a crisp in the night because he was sitting right beside the boys' fan....yucko.

...and a cool little camo moth.

Ransom had a plethora of "snacks" to munch on. This was just a wee sample that I found in his hand:

Pretty much the whole walk, I heard him either "MMMMmmmmm"-ing or gagging from behind me in the backpack. Today's diaper may be pretty.

And Kevy found his tree.

This would make a rockin' tree house if it were on our land. I think I need to be making my little neighbor some more cookies to butter him up......

No comments: