A Vapor

My sweet Nana passed away yesterday afternoon.

This was not completely unexpected; although, she deteriorated quite rapidly since her cancer diagnosis a few weeks ago.
All of her kids were with her when she died, and Dad was able to pray with her and thank her for being such a good mother before she passed away. Mom said that he cried two different times, and that made me so sad! I've never seen Dad cry before.

I feel like I need to be with my family, and my midwife has given me the green light, so we're packing up and heading for the County this evening. The visiting hours are tomorrow night, and the funeral will be on Sunday. Since I'm just a week out from my due date, I'm going to bring everything that I might need - just in case.

Both of my brothers are trying to fly in from Texas, so it will be nice for everyone to be together. I would LOVE to not have my baby this week-end in an environment that I don't even know, but sometimes that's just how life goes. I am learning to REALLY roll with life these days...

We just may be bringing three little Booker boys back home with us!

Thank you for your love and prayers...

6 comments:

Esther said...

So sorry Amy! I know you were concerned about this, so I will pray that you are able to be there with your family and that the baby will wait until later to come. Lots of love!

Rachael said...

Oh, Amy...we will be praying for you and your family...send them our love. Praise God your dad was able to share such words of love to her before her passing. Wow...what every mom dreams of and hopes for (to be told "thank you" in the end...)Love you all lots!

rachael a said...

ooooh. i feel sad for your dad. he will miss his morning tea dates. hugs dear.

Kristi said...

so sorry about your Nana, Ame...I hope you got there safely, and that you have some sweet time with your family, even amidst these circumstances. much, much love...and i hope that little Booker baby waits to show his face, but...you guys are just crazy enough, you very well may have this baby there...perhaps your dad will deliver!! haha. we'll see...i love ya. so so much -- i do - and, I hope to chat soon - i called the other day, a woman of my word...anyways...i hope to chat this week - we'll see how things go with you...i'll be praying for you. hugs, dear friend.

Rick, Keri, Kaitlyn, Megan, and Liam said...

Praying for you!

Angie said...

i just read your blog tonight and was sad to see that your grandma passed away, but happy for you that you were able to go there and come back, without the baby making an outside appearance. :) I love you lots and can't wait to hear of the next booker boy to come bursting onto the scene (ok...so, not the best choice of words, but hope I made you smile at least :). xooxxo love you!!