Tidbits

We have no internet access in our new house yet, so I'm finding it hard to keep in touch with the outside world - not that I would have much time to do it anyway, but that's besides the point. But tonight is AWANA and Kaden & Jesse are happy in their respective classrooms and Daddy is leading worship, so Ransom and I have snuck away to Kev's office to catch a little snuggle time and some quick internet access.

Thanks to the help of so many wonderful friends and family, I can honestly say that except for the nursery, my home is set up and in order and just the way I love it. We are SO happy in this new little place, and we feel so very blessed.

All of my brood is back together now. Mom & Dad had taken the boys up with them for a few days while we got the house in order. So, we are now all finding our new norm together in our new home - with our new little addition. Ransom is still pretty "chill" and relaxed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he stays this way! Each day certainly brings with it a large element of CRAZY - be it Jesse knocking over our gallon fish tank onto their bedroom floor yesterday, or all of us trying to bake a pie for Daddy's birthday today amidst the usual interruptions of the baby needing to eat, Kaden needing help on the potty, and Jesse trying to eat the raw eggs! Whew!

But it's good. It's so good.

Yesterday, we celebrated Daddy's birthday by going bird hunting on an old dirt road. The boys got to sit up front with their orange hats on eating snacks and treats, and I sat in the backseat and nursed Ransom! It was so much fun. Absolutely nothing was accomplished hunting-wise, but we all had a good time together.

Tomorrow is my first day "on my own." I'm looking forward to it with no big plans of getting much accomplished. I have a stack of books that I took out from the library to read during feeding sessions, and we're just going to chill out together and be as low key as possible. No big plans to conquer Rome tomorrow. If I can keep us all alive, I'll be proud!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Aw...glad to hear all is going well, Amy! You're a great mom, I hope you know that! Enjoy settling into the wonderful world of "3"! :o) Happy Birthday, Kev!

Anonymous said...

I had hoped to pour through the books while nursing too! With Moriah I probably read 20 books in those first few months. This time around I have read WAY MORE than 20 books--some titles: Clifford's First Valentine (at least 10 times), Franklin's Thanksgiving, Berenstain Bears, Howie Finds a Hug, Etc, Etc, Etc. *smile*

Chantelle said...

Can't wait to hear how your 1st day 'alone' went. Call me!

Angie said...

Praying for you my friend...know you'll do great! :) xoxo