HOME

We got back home last night around 7:00. We are unpacked, settled, and slightly exhausted - but baby is still INSIDE, and for that I am thankful. I think that each one of us is fighting some sort of a cold - but we made it! Thank you for the thoughts and prayers during my Nana's funeral.

It really was a beautiful ceremony where Nana was honored and where the Gospel went forth in a pretty powerful way. My family - for the most part - is a pretty rough bunch, and most of them cried throughout the entire funeral. The pastor who gave the message grew up with my Dad and all of my uncles and was just as wild as the worst of them were all through highschool and college. So, I think that he was just the man to give the message. It was very humble, but very forthright and bold - and spoken in love.

Kind of an exhausting week-end, but a special one, as well. I love watching my
Father in action. He's the patriarch of the family, everyone loves and respects him, and he's often the comic relief when need be, as well. I could tell that he was pleased that we made the effort, and we had some fun times together too - driving along some old dirt roads and belting out the country, trying to antagonize Mom, and just being together.

We took the boys to the visiting hours. This was a first experience for Kaden, so we processed this through together. Jesse didn't have a sweet clue and came into the room belting: "MEOOOW!! MEEEEEYOOOOW!" at the top of his lungs!! That was awesome. But, it was nice for the family to see my little ones and for them to spend some time with my family, as well.

We are praying that the seeds that were planted at the funeral take root, and that as a result of Nana's passing more of her family will come to know Christ. I love my family, and I am praying that what was heard will not soon be forgotten.

Thank you again for your prayers.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

So glad to hear that things went well, Amy...and especially glad to hear that "Funky" decided to stay in for now...Now may he enter the world painlessly and healthy! :)Looking forward to that update....

Chantelle said...

Your Nana's funeral sounds like it went well - and I'm so glad to hear that Lil Funky is still inside! I was so hoping he'd make his debut here, not there! Love you.