news! News! NEWS!!!


Well......

Meet our sweet Ransom Malachi!!!
What a little gift he is! We are so thankful for this blessing.

We got ourselves a house yesterday and a BABY today!!! We are efficient!! HA!

We closed on our house at 11:30 yesterday, moved our entire apartment over, got our bedroom and the kitchen completely set up, chose paint colors for the boys' rooms and the living room, and then we CRASHED. Hard.

When I hit the hay last night, I looked over at Kev and said: "If the baby comes tonight, I am completely happy with what we've gotten accomplished today." We had some rockin' friends and family SLAVING for us - working to fight against the clock like crazy - and I will be forever thankful for their gifts of service to us.

From about Midnight until 4:00, I was uncomfortable and contracting. I took a shower and got myself ready, and then I went back to bed for a couple of hours. Everything was very sporatic, so I was unsure of what to do. By 7:00 this morning, the contractions had started up again, and Kev wanted to just get out here since the hospital is an hour away. I wasn't impressed with the idea of leaving so soon, but he promised that if I was still really sporatic by the time we got to the town, we could wait things out at the coffee shop down the road.

So, we dropped the boys and their carseats off at Grampy & Grammy's house, drove the hour it takes to get here, and by the time I was in my room I was 9 centimenters and ready to go!

Baby Ransom Malachi was born at 10:24a.m. weighing in at 7lbs.15oz. with quite a bit of dark hair on his yummy little head! Malachi means "God's Messenger," and Ransom means "Deliverance and Hope." He's super cute and super mellow. So far....

We are praising the Lord for His abundant mercy and gifts to our little family! It has been an exciting weekend. Come and see us!

10 comments:

Ametha said...

congrats! he is so very cute and I love the name!
~Amy L

Shay said...

congratulations Bookers!

Rachael said...

Congratulations, guys!! He is absolutely adorable...yummy indeed! Praise God for another healthy and safe birth. I'll be sure to let Alexis know that her future mate arrived safe and sound. :o) Love to you all!

Chantelle said...

1 word... snuzzable.

Sarah said...

That is so fabulous that he waited until JUST after you were in the house! God is so good! And that little one is adorable!

Angie said...

Wow!!! Way to pack it all in last minute! :) Literally! ;) Soo happy for you guys! THANK YOU for the picture!! Seriously, it made me so happy to arrive on your blog and SEE your newest addition! He is so handsome!! Now, rest, rest, rest my dear! the house can be put together later! love you!!! xoxoxo

Jamie said...

Congrats! I'm really happy for you & your beautiful family.

Kristi said...

He is just SWEET, Ame!!! What a beautiful little boy -- I love that you have 3 boys.and great names for all of 'em, too!! I love the name Ransom -- I hope you're home and settling into your new HOME -- and new addition to your family...i hope to chat again soon -- i know life will be crazy (as always!) for you - but, I will love to catch up and chat when you are feeling up to it. i'm sooo happy for you!!!!! Welcome, little Ransom!!! :)

Katie said...

I like him. And his name. And you.

He already looks like a Booker. :)

Love you all!

xoxoxox

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! A house and a baby in two days! What a beautiful baby, and an awesome name. So happy for you guys.