Our New Digs!

Okay. Here's a whack of pictures of our little nest that we are absolutely in love with. And can I just say AGAIN how thankful we are for the friends and family who helped to get it ready for us!

Here's some pics of the kitchen: We kept the original color; we'll give it a fresh coat (some day), but for now I find it very sunny and happy, and I'm quite content with it.







Here's our little computer/work station tucked into a little corner of the kitchen. There's a little bit of yummy-ness hiding in that corner, as well!



Here's our living room. The original color was a very earthy/minty green. We chose a very very light capuccino color that kind of matches my furniture and the fireplace.







Here's the big boys' bedroom. We'll eventually do bunk beds and get rid of the pack and play. That's for another paycheck.


Originally, I had the head of Kaden's bed decorated like this:

(Whoops! Sorry about the sideways pic. Too lazy to fix it.)
Kev said that it didn't look "boyish" enough, so he took over and decorated it like this:



Guess which way the boy's liked better?

Here's our bedroom:





With a little crafty nook for me:



And, finally.....wait for it....wait for it.....
My pride and joy!
Drum roll please.........
I give you...........the NURSERY!!!



AHEM.......This room will also wait for another day, another paycheck, and a healthy dose of sanity to prime over those rockin' walls!

So, that's it! We are so very thankful and oh so happy with our new little abode. I've calculated that we've moved five times in ten years. It's so nice to finally feel a little settled from our somewhat nomadic life.

Granted........if the Lord says to move, away we shall go! However, for the here and now, it is so so very nice!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

I LOVE it!!! What a beautiful country, homey place! You put such a perfect touch in all you do, Amy! And you must tell Kev that I think he just may have a future ahead in interior decorating! (Hey...I'm sure there's churches and organizations whom need some counsel AND could use a little home makeover!):o)
Once you are more settled and things calm down a bit; us gals would absolutely love to come visit ya!

Chantelle said...

[I'm gonna leave a comment now, cause that's what people do when they read someone's blog, they leave a comment.] Your house looks sweet!! I love the serenity, the peace of it all. The fireplace is lovely - also love the crafty nook, the wood bedroom walls, the sunny kitchen... all delightful. But the yummy-ness in the corner takes the cake. :)

Angie said...

Thank you! What a wonderful look into your sweet home! I am so happy for you, that you have finally got your very own space, after much sacrifice. You really deserve it amy. The only complaint is the tease of a photo of ransom...please, pretty please, can you put another close up?? I've yet to meet any of your kiddies in person and I just love seeing them, in whatever way i can! :) Have a wonderful evening! I'd love to call sometime, but not sure if your phone number is the same. just email me or facebook me if it's different. love you!! xx

Anonymous said...

Nobody puts Baby in a corner!

Katie said...

absolutely gorgeous! i especially like all the natural wood in your room (and in the whole house, for that matter). also, Kevin gets 45,867,437,302 points for the mini gunrack in the boys' room. Hahahahahahahahaha. I just about died laughing.

I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

We just love the house, it all looks great, wish we could be there to see it for ourselves and to play with that little cute baby!!! Julie and Aaron