Winding Down.....

As the days creep ever closer to my due date, I am trying to be in the moment, trying to savor, desperate to remember all of the movements, the thoughts, the mini conversations between myself and this little one....

I don't want to forget, because what if this is my last? What if our family is complete after this third birth? You never know. We've always said that we'll take one baby at a time, we'll wait on the Lord, we'll do nothing permanent until we're sure.

But, if this is it - I don't want my last days to be looked back on remembering that I was running right on screech right up until he arrived. I don't want to "fit" my labor and delivery into the "perfect schedule" of what would work best with this whole house and the chaos of moving.

I just want to be in the moment - and savor everything.

This post is an awesome reminder to me to do just that. I love this woman. I love the way she writes, the way she mothers, and the way she walks with Jesus.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Amy...such a wonderful link you posted there...and such honest thoughts, yourself...I know that pregnancy can wear so much on a woman's body; however, it is also such a blessed gift to have experienced. Praise God you're able to treasure it right to the end!! Your post touched me and brought tears to my eyes tonight! Love you!