Homeward Stretch!

We are back home from a wonderful week of seeing family and friends, some really encouraging support raising, and lots of 4-wheeling, being outside, and chilling with people that we love.

I've entered the stage of lots of "lasts." That was my last time up home before the baby comes, tomorrow will be my last day of work, I'm through the last week where my midwife would like to keep baby inside - now he is free and clear to come whenever!; and I'm trying to do lots of last minute packing, cleaning, and little special things with my boys.

Just this past week we finally purchased a car seat - now we'll be allowed to bring him home from the hospital! Just a couple of nights ago, I also finally packed my overnight bag and a diaper bag for the baby. And, I picked up a couple of gifts for the boys from their baby brother. Sooooo - we're golden. Major stuff taken care of.

And now for the rest of our life......

The plan right now is for us to close on our house next Wednesday - one week away. The bank is confused with our unique situation and the fact that we are support raising, so many things are still up in the air. However, we are just moving forward - trusting AND packing - as though all will go through. There's really nothing else we can do until we know for sure.

I had my midwife appointment yesterday, and all is still great with my health. By now, during my pregnancy with Kaden, my body was breaking down big time; and by now with Jesse - little signs were starting to show. I'm still not totally in the clear, but I only need to be on my left side for an hour a day, so I can still clean and organize like a wild woman for a good amount of my days!

So, that's the update on our life for now. I'm really not feeling overly stressed - just kind of taking one day at a time. Whenever baby comes, he comes - and what doesn't get done, doesn't get done. It's as simple as that!

A daily prayer for me:

"Lord, help me to slow and see the sacred in the chaos."

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So glad that things are going well with the pregnancy, have been praying for that. The banks were the same way when we bought our house...after asking for many many documents and clarifications they figured it out and all was well!!!

Kristi said...

oh, Amy...I am a terrible friend -- I'm actually going to go and call you RIGHT now...I hope you're free to talk. i love ya.