A Cup of Sanity

Daddy & Kaden are out to breakfast together, Jesse is looking at books in his crib because he seems to have taken large doses of impy pills this morning and needs to just chill out, and I am having a cup of coffee to start my day.

A few moments of sanity before I feel that chaos may rule supreme on this rainy day....

My church gave me a bee-you-ti-ful baby shower on Saturday! I was so blown away that I was even getting a shower - for my 3rd child - and him being my 3rd boy, no less! But, the awesome lady who was the brains behind the operation told me that every baby deserves a party! So sweet! There were no silly games or things like that, and really no agenda. It was just a lovely - quite elegant - brunch in a very relaxed atmosphere, and she had me go from table to table to unwrap each woman's gift that she had brought with her. It was kind of a neat idea; I was able to personally visit for a few minutes with each woman there. It was a really fun, special morning. And wee one now has some brand new things of his very own that will not have been loved on and used by his two older brothers. :0)

I had my 38 week appointment yesterday, and amazingly, my health is still right on! I am just so thankful and pleased. The only downside is that my labor this time around potentially may be of "normal" length as my body isn't sick. Hmmmmm, I'm kind of fond of the under 4 hours from start to finish variety. But, I'd much rather be healthy, I guess. I'm going into it with no expectations.

We're finally hearing more details about the house. It looks like possibly/potentially/maybe/but who really and truly knows - we might/but might not be able to close on our house at the tail end of this week......maybe.........

Neither of us are holding our breath - at all - but at least things look like they are moving. I like movement. This puts me even closer to my due date, but we're just rolling with it. Whatever will be will be. We're taking things one day at a time.

I think I just need ONE more pot - I mean cup - of coffee before the day takes off....

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I agree! Every baby deserves a party! Glad this little one got his...
We would love love LOVE a visit from you guys! You just name the day and we'll be here! Give me a call if you get a day free...and aren't feeling iminent labor approaching! :o)