Nesting Weirdness

I'm always slightly psycho when it comes time for my babies to be born.

I'm an organizer/culler/chucker fanatic anyway - I really really love things organized, and I really really hate clutter, and I get a weird satisfaction out of throwing things away, and I love getting junk out of my house, so this whole moving thing is fairly conducive to what I tend to do around this time, anyway.

I wish I had a few more weeks of cushion before the baby comes, and I wish I wasn't quite so huge because I lose my breathe and get light headed quite often from all of the bending and lifting and getting up and down all the time, and I'm already placed on one hour a day of bed rest which will only increase with each appointment - but it's all good. We're rolling with it......sometimes, quite literally.

ANYWAY - where was I going with this whole post, in the first place?.......Oh yes, my weirdness.....

Usually, along with all of my organizing, I'm stocking up on meals and foody items for my little family as well - cooking chickens, making bread dough, mixing up casseroles etc. - all to freeze and have for easy meals when chaos abounds.

This time, however, my mind is so not even there!

I think it's the time of year. Or maybe it's my 3rd child, and I'm just more relaxed about it. But, instead of filling my freezer with substantial meals etc., I have been filling it with all sorts of jams, applesauce, and just this past week-end I tried my hand at apple butter. I'll post the recipe soon. It's delish. There is now no room for meals - there are only jars!

I do totally think it's the time of year. There is so much goodness to be had and to not miss out on. So, although my men will have nothing to fill their bellies with during supper hours of nuttyness - I am super excited that I have not missed out on any of the summer and fall bounty of the fruit and apples that we've had.

Meals are so overrated, anyway. What's wrong with a good bowl of popcorn?

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Yup...definite nesting!!! Eagerly awaiting posts of the new arrival...