Trusting...

It's Midnight.

Kaden just came into our bathroom to go pee and COMPLETELY overshot the toilet in his delirium. So, after cleaning up a small pond on the floor, settling him back into bed, and tripping over the kitten who's telling me that her food bowl is empty.....I'm finding myself wide awake!

Tomorrow I'll be 38 weeks.....Kaden was born at this stage of the game the first time. I'm feeling ready. In fact, just last night I thought I was in labor. I've been having some pretty good practice contractions for quite some time now, but I was thinking that last night might be "it." An overactive imagination, I guess.

Over the week-end, we have found out that we will not be closing on the house on Wednesday. Kind of a bummer, but it's something so big and so out of our hands - all we can do is trust and wait. I don't even really understand all of the details of all of the "why's," but I'm just trying to trust and wait. For now, packing is on hold - I'm not going to unpack what I've already done - but I'm just going to rearrange my whole thought process and kind of plan that I might be bringing the baby back here as opposed to our house.....maybe....I don't know...depending on our new closing date....if there is one...:0)

Our perspective is pretty good for the most part. We know the Lord is in control. We know that life doesn't end when a new baby comes. And we know that if and when we move, the chaos will quickly become organized and order will resume. So, for right now, until we hear anything new about the house, we're just focusing on our family and getting ready for our new little addition. In some ways, it's actually simplifying life for me a bit as there is no point in packing and such at least for the moment.

This extra time will allow me to focus on my more imminent needs, like solidifying a name for our poor little one. That's a bigger stress for me right now....

Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Declan
Erick

those are my ideas

~Amy L

Anonymous said...

I say go with an I or L name! I like order! lol

Anonymous said...

Oh that was me. I have a K, L, & M so the next Smith will have to be a J or N, right?

Keri

Rachael said...

Ian,Isaac,Isaiah,Liam,Levi,Landon,Lucas....(sticking with the whole "I" and "L" theory...if not, I really like Aiden or Eli!) Good luck with that! Doesn't help to have all one gender, and already have your favorite names picked out for the first two, eh?! (Speaking from experience here!)

Chantelle said...

Elroy, Rusty, Colby, Maverick, Clint, Dale, John or Wayne ;)

(love you) {{gentle hug}}

Sarah said...

Noah...I like Noah