Feeling Uninspired.....

Yet, it's been awhile since I last posted and I must stay with my new habit of at least posting once a week!

Had some lovely chats with friends from away this past week - Shannon, Esther, and Rachey. That's always nice! I love catching up and learning about the new things going on in everyone's life.

We also had a church retreat this past weekend which was really wonderful and refreshing. The boys did great and Jesse took fabulous naps, so that was wonderful! I was chatting with my pastor's wife and telling her how well Jesse sleeps when the room is pitch dark and completely quiet! Although not a whole lot can be done about the noise except for a few fans, my pastor's wife is now making me blackout curtains that will make his room completely dark. I am soooo excited! Hopefully, this will help in elongating some of those naps!

I guess what I've been really thinking about tonight is someone who comes and goes out of my life who I am constantly absolutely flabbergasted with. This person completely blows me away with the comments they make about people. I am so floored by the disrespect and crassness (is that a word?) that I am left literally reeling and speechless. This person claims to be so godly and in love with the Lord, yet I cannot believe some things that fly out of their mouth. I fear confrontation worse than death and this person COMPLETELY intimidates me. But, I tell you what - if I had the guts to say what I feel needs to be said...man oh man. One of these days, if they catch me sleepless and feeling she-bearish about those I love, they may just get their ears peeled back! I'm really praying about how to handle this......will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Ame...difficult people...are just so darn difficult to deal with...and especially people who claim to love the Lord...I am not a fan of confrontation, either...but, I also figure, from an objective point of view, that sometimes those kind of people need someone to stand up to them...often they have just had people their whole life let them intimidate them...and they never change or break that cycle...you have a good heart, and though you may not enjoy confrontation, I am sure you could do it in love, which may just be the very thing this person hasn't had before...I'll pray for you about this...

I feel caught up sometimes on your life by reading your blog, but...really would love to chat with you sometime. Hope you have a great weekend with your boys. I love ya, Ame...hope to talk with you soon, dear friend...

Shannon said...

I have a guilt complex big time and I'm just hoping it's not me. Could it be me? I haven't seen you in about 23 years! But, maybe it is. If it is just say it like it is, that's the way I like it. :)

Anonymous said...

*hugs* Love you, Amy! Was so nice to see you and your three boys today! :) Praying your confrontation situation goes okay . . .