A Tender Heart

Kaden has been initiating a lot of conversation lately about Jesus. It's so cool to see his little brain working and thinking through things. One morning at breakfast he was telling Kev that in the night he dreamed about Jesus on the cross. He said, "Do you know what I was dreaming about? Jesus on the cross with that thing on his head with really sharp things on it that hurt Him really bad." We talked about it a little bit and asked Kaden if he knew why Jesus died on the cross that day. He said, "Because He loves me and because sometimes I do bad things."

It's been so cool to dialogue with him about this and to see that he's actually comprehending and understanding things. We don't want to push "the sinner's prayer" on him just so that we can say, Kaden got "saved" today, but we're really feeling like he's beginning to understand and that is just the neatest thing.

His little heart is so tender and he has SUCH a sensitive conscience. Often when I tell him how proud I am of his honesty or of being such a great big brother he'll respond by saying, "Yeah, but sometimes I do bad things." Yup. We all do - many of us just refuse to admit it!

No comments: