Slowing Down

This past week was way too busy for our little family, and we're all feeling it. Kaden missed his nap two days in a row, and when that happens there is no need to ever have a little daughter to experience high drama - we get it in spades with him! It's kind of comical, and we both feel bad, because it's really our fault that we've caused him to miss his naps, so we try to have a little grace with him. Poor thing. He's going on four years old, but still really requires at least a two hour nap every day and about ten hours of nighttime sleep, as well. Jesse on the other hand, is a completely different story. He's good on four little half hour cat naps. He will sleep between 10-14 hours at night, but doesn't give us much during the day. He still likes a little rhythm though, too, and I can tell that he's a little "off," as well.

So, for this week, we're going to stick close to home. We travelled a lot last week and had the boys in the car a lot, so I just plan to take it easy for the next couple of days. Having said that, we did have a good week, though! I was able to get trained and certified to do some premarital and marital counseling through Prepare-Enrich, Kev did a little hunting, we met with a Mission Board that we're interested in, we spent an afternoon with a family from church that we've been wanting to get to know better, and the highlight for all three of my boys was the fact that we spent an entire day at Cabella's!

Oh my - don't get me wrong - I like the store, but HELLO - almost five hours, people! I put my time in that day. Kev reminded me that if I truly do want a passle of all boys, this is what our family days may look a lot like in the future! Point taken. :0) Neither Kev or Kaden wanted to leave, and Jesse was as happy as a clam riding in the backpack staring at all the dead animals all day. Oh my. Lord, give grace! :0) It really was a lot of fun, though. We got most of our Christmas shopping done - at least for the guys, and had fun playing together as a family, so it's all good!

No comments: