Happy Thanksgiving.....A Day Late!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

I really love this holiday - it's far less commercialized and stressful than Christmas, and it's the one day out of the year when we sit back and take stock of what we are truly thankful for. We want to instill into our children traditions that involve family and relationships and giving as opposed to only thinking about and asking for things for ourselves. I want us all to have a constant attitude of contentment and gratefulnesss for everything that we've been given already instead of constantly looking around and wishing for things that we don't have.

So, only this holiday week-end, here is just a short list of the things that I am SO SO thankful for:

* First and foremost, I'm thankful for my relationship with Jesus and for how - time and time again - He has proven Himself faithful to me. I believe - help Thou my unbelief! His mercies truly are new every morning.

* I'm thankful for my hubby of eight years. He is truly my soulmate and best friend. He takes his roles and responsibilities of husband and father so seriously, and we are partners in every sense of the word in this journey called life!

* For my little Kaden - our tender heart. He daily makes us laugh. He is so sensitive and happy all the time. He is a fabulous big brother, and I really can't even remember what life was like without him. He is the neatest little kid, and already so tender toward the things of the Lord.

* For our wild child, Jesse Bear. He has made our home so full and alive. He is so comical, and it's so fun and interesting to see two little boys who are so night and day in every way! We never have to wonder how he's feeling - he LOUDLY lets us know! He is becoming so expressive and snuggly, and we are just so thankful for this new gift.

* And lastly, I'm thankful for our church family out here who has adopted us as their own, for family and friends old and new, for our cozy little apartment, for this college where Kev has been able to follow his dream, for friends who welcomed us into their home to celebrate with them yesterday, and for our family day today where we're going to get our Christmas tree! Whoo-hoo!!

Truly, there are SO many other things.....the list could go on forever. Bottom line: I'm a thankful girl this week-end!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - hope you had a good Thanksgiving...I got to see your family (briefly!) on Sunday on our way back to PEI...got to see Jodi and Sylvia - and meet Jodi's husband too...Missed Aaron and Matt, though....always good to see your mom, though...what a dear!!! Anyways...how long has it been since we've chatted?! Good grief...we MUST chat soon, okay?! I love reading about your life, but it would be so nice to actually SEE you -- will this ever happen again?! Oh my word...anyways...hope you're doing well. I'm still feeling good -- my belly is growing - and I love it!! Everything went well with the ultrasound - the baby is healthy and growing as it should be....so amazing!!!! I cannot wait to be a little mama!!! I love you, Ame -- hope all is well in your world....