Happy Scrapper!

Well, I am home - after a blur of a whirlwind week-end. Okay, so I didn't quite make all of my goals, but I am totally thrilled with the week-end and all that I was able to get done. I got my Christmas album caught up to date - except for the pictures of when we went to Maine this year because I'm waiting on some from Mom, and I did a couple of months worth of Kaden's life (so, not totally caught up there, either)......but my GREATEST work of satisfaction is that I finally, seven and a half years later, totally and completely finished my wedding and honeymoon album!!! What a burden that has been lifted off of my shoulders! In total, I completed 71 pages! I still have SO much to do to ever be totally and completely caught up, but I don't think that will ever happen anyway!

All of us girls had SUCH a blast, the retreat center was beautiful, the meals were yummy, and it was just such a fun and refreshing little getaway. AND, when I came home, Kev had organized a couple of closets AND totally rearranged our bedroom - which looks awesome! He is totally the interior decorator of the family!

Kaden had so much fun this week-end with "just the boys." He has been telling me all about his adventures and how they went to Cabella's and fed the fish, to Cracker Barrel and had pancakes, and to church to sing songs..... AND "I had long long naps, and I missed you SO much!"

Good times!

6 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so happy that you had such a great time! I'm so glad that you had this opportunity to get away before #2 comes along. It definately gets harder and takes more planning with each kid, but we do need our time away, and so glad that you had this chance. I would love to see some pics of you and your little family, if you ever feel like posting a couple. ;) Well, another busy day here, so must go but would love to hear from ya! Have a great day Ame!

Tracing in the Valley said...

Glad you had a great time. You've always been such a good scrapbooker. Love ya baby.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Ame...that's awesome that you could "get away" with some girls...and congrats on finishing your wedding album..I bet its awesome!!! And..I really do wish you could post some pic's...the only pictures I really ever see are the ones your mom sends my mom...good thing our moms are good at this!! ha ha!! Hope all is well...and, look forward to chatting again soon. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation! That does feel oh so good! Sometimes even though we're trying to be "Marys" we just have to revel in our "Marthaness" :)
And how fun to come home to a new bedroom. I love rearranging--most guys don't get that though--go Kev! And you're right, unless you are Esther (love ya Big E)--you're never caught up. My motto--"just keep at it and enjoy it"
loves!

Esther said...

Hey girl - awesome job on your pages! I think that beats my all-time record for pages done in such a short time! And no, I'm not caught up despite what Shan says!

Anyway, glad you had such a great weekend! Love ya,

Esther

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ame...you haven't blogged in a week...what is going on?! ha ha!! life must be busy, eh?! Well...I just wanted to drop you a little hello, and let you know I am thinking about you today...hope to chat soon! I love ya!