Another One Bites the Dust!

I am thrilled to announce that I just passed in my final 15 page paper for my last class, and I am now embarking on my VERY LAST professional class for this program! The end is truly in sight! Other than this last class and my massive final book project, I only have 6 credits of Gen Ed classes that I have left to take and then I am DONE! No more studies for me for a little while after this. I can see myself going on to take some Master's courses someday. For the most part, I really do enjoy learning and studying. But, I am ready to be done for awhile and focus solely on mothering and family life. What I am REALLY ready for is to be done doing homework during every single free moment that I have! I would much rather be puttering, cleaning, cooking, scrapbooking, nesting and finding room for baby #2's things, etc. etc. I'm ready to not always have huge projects looming in the back of my mind and feeling pressure when Kaden wakes up early from a nap because I didn't finish my blasted paper on "Can believers expect the literal rebuilding of the Temple in the Millennial Kingdom?" Important, stuff? Sure - just not really up my alley right now, you know? (Gasp! Blasphemy!) No - I just really want to be focusing on things that are pertinent to my life in the here and now - mothering, being a great wife, keeping a happy, fulfilled, and organized home, teaching and training Kaden, figuring out how to do the whole Mother of 2 thing - and the like! So, in light of these thoughts - today I celebrate that another class truly has bit the dust. It was good, it was great. I truly enjoyed it....but moving on, moving on........

2 comments:

Angie said...

Yikes...literal rebuilding of the Temple during the Millennuim??? I think I have even more respect for you knowing how dilligently you were with your schoolwork, knowing now that it was issues like this you were having to study up on. Yikes again! Congratulations on being almost done...you must be so relieved, and feel so proud of yourself...and you should! I really can't wait to receive a copy of your book in the mail too...seriously. I know you're probably not too excited to write it, but I am so excited to read it. If you need any thoughts or ideas, feel free to call me! ;) Hope you are still feeling good and that #2 is taking it easy on you. Things here are slowly becoming the 'new normal.' Cait is doing really well...going 3 hours between feedings, and a little longer at night. She's been wicked constipated, but we're trying some different remedies, so that should end soon. So funny how a poop or a burp can illicit such excitment when they're this young...not so cute as they get older. ;) Well, this comment is going to take up your whole page, but love you lots and so proud of you, my friend! I'm off to watch 24 with my hubby! Have a great night!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I honestly am excited that you're done schoolwork stuff. It's so much more exciting to stay at home and be a wife & mom 24/7. Not easy, dare I say, a even harder than those millennuim papers that one might have to write. :)
Glad for you all.