Home Again!

Well, we have safely arrived back home to our little apartment after spending 2 1/2 weeks with friends and family. We had SUCH a nice time reconnecting with friends and spending some great quality time with both of our families. We may not get home again until after the baby is born, so we really wanted to spend as much time with our families as possible.

Kaden had a wonderful time with his Grampy's and Grammy's. He totally remembered them and loves them so much! He went running to both Grampy's when he saw them and died laughing when he saw his Grammy's because he was so happy. He kept saying, "It's nice to be here! I love to be here! I'm not ready to go home yet!"

We brought SO much stuff back with us - I'm slightly overwhelmed. I had to bring all of the baby things that I will need, plus all of our Christmas gifts, PLUS all of our junk. So, both Kev and I have spent the good part of yesterday and today finding room for everything. We brought Katie home with us and she's spending a few days with us until the campus reopens. Poor thing - we have been deadbeat hosts as we're trying to get back into the swing of things. She has been a doll, though, and has played so sweetly with Kaden who absolutely adores her!

Well, I guess that's all for now. Sorry for the boring post. I just wanted to let you know that we are back up and running! Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are NOT "deadbeat hosts"-- you are amazing to let me stay with you and eat your food and steal your living room when i sleep in. ;) love you!

Unknown said...

wow, how'd you fit it all in? Did you guys have a cartop thing? Did you take back the bassinet or anything like that? Was so wonderful to see you guys--you've got to post pics of your belly as it grows :)

Angie said...

So glad to hear that you guys had a great time over Christmas...but also glad that you're home and back in the blogging world. I haven't been good at updating my blog lately, but hope to soon. Love you lots and hope to hear from you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, stranger!!! Got a card from your mom today...so...was just thinking about you and your fam...glad you guys had a good visit in Maine...its always kinda nice to get back into "normal" life, too, though...finding places for all your things...if your place is as tiny as ours is, then...I truly feel your pain!!! ha ha!!! Good times. Hope to talk with you soon...just wanted you to know I love ya - and am thinking about you today. Hope all is well!!