A Question For You Ladies

Well, I really should be reading or writing papers, but there's just something about sitting down at the computer when my little nest is quiet and catching up on my friend's lives via the blogging world.....oh wait - I think they died. Was Maine hit with a massive snow storm that I know nothing about and my people all lost electricity so that they're unable to update their blogs? JUST KIDDING!!!...ahem...cough cough.....kinda'......Shan.....and Esther.......Come out come out wherever you are! I miss you!!! Seriously, I am totally kidding. Life is crazy, I know.

However, I do have a question for those of you who read my blog. For this last class of mine, my final project is to prepare a ten minute sermon/lesson on my topic of choice to my audience of choice. (The class is Teaching and Preaching. The men will preach, the women will teach...the format is somewhat comparable to both. Anyway......) For some reason, I'm having a mental block on what to prepare. I think because the subject is so wide open, you know? "Just teach Scripture!"

So, anyway, my comfort level of teaching has always been to the Junior/Senior High age, but I don't know anyone out here at that age; besides, I kind of want to do something that pertains to my life in the here and now. So, I'm going to invite a bunch of the young wives/moms from our complex over and teach SOMETHING. Got any suggestions? Where are you at right now? What are you learning? What are you wanting to learn? What is challenging you? What do you want to be challenged or inspired about?

Some thoughts running through my head......James 3 and taming the tongue, Titus 2: 3-5 where the older women are to teach the younger, something on motherhood, or something on marriage. I don't know - nothing specific has really hit me yet. I only have 12 minutes to teach, so that narrows things up a bit. I'm praying and asking for the Lord's wisdom and guidance. Thought I'd get some from you all, as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't really think about it very long when I read your post. You're ideas sound good. I am always interested on learning more about being the wife & mother I should be. How about talking about things that the Lord teaches you,and how he brings you to the point of surrender through those roles. After being married for a few years and having children, I'm sure that there is a lot that the Lord has taught you personally. What you've experienced yourself is always easier to write/talk passionately about.

Unknown said...

Ditto to that Ame--definitely go with what you know, what God's been laying on your heart this year. My other thought is to use material you're already working on for your book--the men and women stuff--might save you some time--might as well get as much mileage out of it as you can, ya know?
As for me, I've been reading that book, the lies women believe and the truth that sets them free in between our beth moore study, and it's so awesome. Themes like letting God control our emotions and tongues, submitting to our husbands and serving our families rather than clinging to our own rights...very convicting for me and always good topics for women. I plan to update the blog today, so see that for the best quote on submission I've ever read. And I know, i've been very lazy on my blogging :) love reading yours!
Have a blast and be productive this weekend--I am jealous! xoxo