My Hubby - My Hero

I must say - I fall more in love with that man all the time. He truly knows me, you know? Better than I know myself even. He gets me, he knows how to speak my love language, and he takes such good care of me.

On the days I feel frazzled in my mothering, he totally builds me up and points out specific things that he's noticed and appreciated that I have done with Kaden. During the times I'm overwhelmed because I've added too much to my plate, he gently steps in and shows me where I can very easily say "no" and helps me to realize that the world really won't come to an end as a result. And on the days my "baby brain" causes me to forget really important things at church (which is almost an hour away) for an assigment that is due within a day, he swoops in - calms my nerves, helps me finish, and goes the extra mile for my perfecionist personality until I am satisfied with the end result of my project.

So, because my heart is so full of this man that I married - and I have only listed a very few things that he has done in these past couple of days - Kaden and I are having a "We Love Daddy Day" today. All day long we've been working on this really fun mural that Kaden is going to hang on his door for Daddy to find when he gets home, and I am making him his favorite pie. Kaden colored a huge poster, and now we're gluing macaroni noodles onto it that says, "I love you, Daddy." Kaden said to me just before he went down to nap: "This is hard work, but Daddy's gonna love it. He's gonna say, 'Oh my word - this is cute!'".....Hmmm, gotta start teaching him some more manly words - but adorable nonetheless!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ame, that's so awesome. Inspires me. Can't wait to do those sorts of projects with Nat.