New Baby Update

We had our "Stage Two Anatomy Ultrasound" today. I don't ever remember having this with Kaden, but it was very fun. We looked over each part of the baby's body and took measurements - bones, organs, limbs, brain, face, etc. to ensure that all is well. The doctor says that everything looks great. The baby now weighs 8 oz. and is 13 inches long! We also were able to see the ultrasound in 4-D. Very cool and slightly eerie. It looks like a baby....kinda...well, really more like a little skeletal alien. But, cute nonetheless. We bucked the trend and decided against finding out the sex. This was our last chance to know, but we really do love the surprise. I have my suspicions, but we shall have to wait. The ultrasound confirmed the June 10th due date, so in a little over a week we are halfway there already! Crazy, crazy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey friend...it was so nice to chat with you lastnight...I love how we can just pick up where we left off, and...even if we don't talk for hours on end, we can connect. I love you. Wish I could spend time with you guys and get to know Kaden -- I love hearing his sweet little voice on your machine...Glad things went well with your ultrasound...and, congrats on not finding out the sex. They won't tell you here on PEI, which helps solve the indecisiveness I would probably have...but...surprises are great!! Anyways...hope you're having a marvellous day!! We'll chat again soon. I love ya, Ame -- take care!!

Life With My Joys..... said...

Love you tons and tons, too, Kris! Man - I'm so impressed with us!! Keep me posted on life - even the mundane details. That's what I love - makes me feel like we still live beside each other again. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Ame...have you ever figured out how to get a Xanga...(its really not that complicated!!!), anyways...just checking. Anyways...I love ya, and...am glad we have been able to chat a couple times in the last little bit...maybe this is an upward climb for us!!! Let's hope!! Lynda and Wellers, look out...your daughters are on the rise!!! ha ha!! Love ya, Ame!

Angie said...

That's so exciting Ame! And, I'm with you for the whole 'surprise' thing...more anticipation and makes the whole labor part a little more tolerable, as you work to finally find out just what exactly is joining your family..a boy or a girl. Things here are going not too bad...some days, moments better than others...trying not to beat myself up with the guilt of all that I'm not doing and focus on what I am doing and this precious time with Cait and the rest of the family. It really has gone by so fast already--she's over a month old already--and I know the next few months will just fly by too. Thanks for reminding me of the advice I gave you about giving yourself until 3 months to get in a groove...sometimes I'm ok at giving advice, but not so great at taking it. You're such a wonderful friend and I am so happy that we are still in each others lives, sharing the day-to-day joys/disappointments/struggles...
I love you Ame!! Check out my blog for my response to yours and Kris's wonderful encouraging comments...have a great Sunday!

Unknown said...

So, i wait with bated (sp?) breath...what's your hunch about the sex? will you share? :)