A Surprise Gift!

Last year one of my new friends and I went on a week-end long scrapbooking retreat at this beautiful retreat center a couple of hours away for 3 night/2 day week-end. The entire week-end cost $150, but included two nights, all meals, and endless hours of scrapbooking fun! I did Kaden's entire album. Money well spent.

Needless to say, this year we do not have that kind of "fun" money to just spend at will, so a bunch of us were going to take a Saturday where our hubbies would watch our kids and we would just camp out in one of these empty apartments for the day.

ANYWAY, two nights ago - very last minute - the lady who runs this whole retreat called me and said that a bunch of girls cancelled, their tickets are nonrefundable, and would a bunch of us girls like to go for FREE this weekend???? Oh my word!!! Soooo, my dear hubby said he would take Kaden for the week-end, and in about an hour I am off like the wind!!!

Want to hear my lofty goals for this week-end? Esther - you'd appreciate this. Okay, I want to finish our wedding album (only 8 years in the making), get Kaden caught up to his two year birthday (3 or 4 months' worth), get our Christmas album caught up to this year (going back 4 years), AND start my baby album (just ultrasound pics, how we told our families', cute pics of Kaden kissing my tummy etc.)!! We'll see how far I actually get. I'm pretty die-hard at these retreats, though. Gotta' make the most of my time away. I have not done a stitch of scrapbooking since I went last year!!! Good times! Good times!

For the time being, I won't think about the two hundred pages and reports I need to read and write by the first of the week.......Joy unspeakable.

2 comments:

Esther said...

You go girl! I can't wait to hear all that you get done! It's so fun when you're there with everyone else working on all your projects.

Have fun!

Angie said...

That's so great Ame! What a nice suprise! I really hope you accomplish all your goals...can't wait to hear how it went! Update soon, 'k?