While My Sweet Boys Slumber....

This is one of those rare mornings where Kaden is actually sleeping past 7:00 and where hubby doesn't have to rush out the door as soon as he wakes up. I love these days. This semester is actually going to be busier for Kev as he is taking more grad classes, but his hours are much nicer. So, this morning, while my sweeties are sleeping, I was able to actually sleep in a little too, but then I got up and had the whole place to myself where it was nice and quiet, and I was able also to have some really nice uninterrupted time with the Lord.

I've been reading this book for my devotions lately. It's called "The Intentional Woman," and the entire point of the book is to get you to be thinking all throughout your day about living intentionally and purposefully in all that you do. What is on your plate that doesn't need to be there? What is out of balance or not in proper priority in your life? What do you need to be doing to further develop yourself as a woman, wife, and mother? Good questions! Probably since late Fall I have been feeling like my life is just kind of going by, you know? Like I was doing lots of things, but at the same time I was just existing.

I have found this study to be very helpful in showing me what I need to pray about weeding out, what I need to arrange in the priorities of my day, and what it is okay to say yes or no too. It is okay to be doing things that develop me in ALL areas of my womanhood - it will make for me to be a more balanced woman, wife, AND mom. So, as of late, I feel like I am getting back on track in taking care of ALL of me - emotionally, spiritually, relationally, and physically.

This semester, Kev's schedule has allowed for me to go the gym any morning that I want to, so I am really taking advantage of this. This is helping me to get back in my rhythm physically AND it's making me strong for labor - not to mention it's good for my emotions! I am also being much more purposeful in giving the Lord the firstfruits of the alone time in my day - which is Kaden's nap time. This has always been a battle for me, as this is the time that I set aside each day for homework, AND I have a boatload this semester. But, this is a faith and trust issue for me, and so far - each assignment has been passed in on time.

Even being more focused on these two areas alone in my life is helping me to reap great rewards. I feel stronger and more focused, I feel like I am savoring Kaden more as I have also carved out a little time to better take care of myself, and I am learning where it is all right to say yes and no to things that are maybe even good things - but that are just not great for me right now. There are other areas that I feel the Lord is growing me and teaching me in, but as usual, this post has become a book, so for now - those are a few of the musings going on in Amy's life these past months!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ame, great post...its so important to have some discipline in your life, eh?! It was nice talking to you on the phone about this kind of stuff, too...and it is a goal of mine as well, just to get more focused and 'intentional'...i feel so much better, more productive, more relaxed when I have some sort of 'plan'...anyways...we'll have to keep each other accountable. I'm glad you were able to have a little bit of the morning this morning to have alone...that is something I miss, too...I miss alone time...I feel like I so rarely have it (and I don't even have kids!!)...anyways...I love ya, Ame...love catching a glimpse into your life. Hope to chat again soon...Jason and dad are going to NBBI today for the Men's retreat - I guess your dad is going...mom and I sent up notes (and mom sent a little gift, too, I think) for Sharon...I know your mom feels overwhelmed sometimes, but...sometimes I just wish I could be with Sharon...that girl makes me smile!!!

I love ya Ame -- have a great weekend!!!

Life With My Joys..... said...

Love ya, Kris! Sharon is an absolute hoot when you don't have to live with her 24/7. Oh man - Kaden thinks she's hilarious! However......I think if I lived with it all day EVERY day, she might not be quite as funny! Thanks for thinking of Mom...and her too. She loves her "Kwisti!"

Esther said...

Hey girl,
You are such a great example of having a balanced life, even though maybe you don't feel like that sometimes.

Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy your time with God, your kiddo, and your hubby.

Lots of love!